The MGM Collab (release thread)

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Al Capwn
Ranger

The MGM Collab (release thread)

Post by Al Capwn » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:52 pm

Happy Fucking Birthday.

If you aren't happy because the weapons aren't exactly what you submitted, then just give me credit for all the weapons instead. I'd like to give a large thankyou to Sparky, he did an incredible job with the scenery with limited resources to work with. The rest of the credits are in the readme.

I'm going to get the fuck back off the forums now, but I will be hosting this. Feel free to pop in.

link

(monoman: frontpage requested)
TaxiService wrote:¬_¬ i'm not a quote vending machine.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8052/capwnsig2s.png

Kayar
Delta Force

Re: The MGM Collab (release thread)

Post by Kayar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:06 pm

Wow. Fuck you. "Then just give me credit for all the weapons instead." That's the most arrogant, jackass thing you could've said. It doesn't help you at all. I advise that no one joins this blundering idiot's server, especially if he still won't just own the fuck up and make an actual effort to make up for his mistakes, instead of doing something as stupid as this... Then again, I may be acting overly cynical, to an inane point... Still...
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Spartan-006
Ranger

Post by Spartan-006 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:56 pm

O_O Nice! I really like that plasma pistol, I put lazers in red base and fell into my own trap XD Also, that hog kicks serious ass! 5/5!
(monorail cat is NOT obsolete)

Al Capwn
Ranger

Post by Al Capwn » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks Spartan.

Kayar, Quail: Well it's true. If you're gonna piss about me making so many changes to your weapons, you're pretty much saying that I did the majority of work on them instead of you. The mod just started in one place and ended up somewhere else. Perhaps not a true collab, but still a team effort. It's still epic, and everybody that has been in my server so far thinks so. It also sad to see that you've joined the assholes Kayar, you used to be one of the users here I respected. Anyway, this is the last post I make here. I'll still be lurking IRC, the crowd there is still pleasant to chat with.
TaxiService wrote:¬_¬ i'm not a quote vending machine.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8052/capwnsig2s.png

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Hm... I only was annoyed that you would change my weapon in what I assumed was a collab. By changing it you violated the assumed terms of the collab, that was what ticked me off. Until I really noted the lack of my weapon, I had chosen to stay out of the argument I had hardly cared/noticed existed. As for whether the mod is good or not, that's not important. What's important is that you are truthful and respectful towards those who aimed to help the mod become a reality, and not completely alter their work beyond recognition. I didn't ask for it to be entirely your mod, but you decided to make it your mod and accept the credit accompanied with that. For this your actions are disgraceful.

The mod also cannot be considered a "team effort" for the same reason it isn't a true collab, the perceived "team" was lied to and not informed of the changes to their work, thus the "team" was not on the same page. I'm not an asshole, and I'm willing to admit I was hasty in completely bringing you down. I used to hold respect for you as well. If you would own up and admit you made a mistake, then forgiveness would likely come in time. At this time, I see no reason for any further discussion on my part and choose to back out of this situation. I hope that perhaps all sides can take a mature path and find a reasonable end to this pointless discussion so that we can all get on with our lives.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
MGM Sig

Spartan-006
Ranger

Post by Spartan-006 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Let me try to end this little fight on a positive note.... What's done is done. If you are unhappy with what changes Capwn made to your weapon, you just had to address it. (although that wouldn't really get you far, due to the term thingies) The collab is finished, and now Capwn and the others can have at LEAST a fair 8 hours of sleep from now on.

And this is off topics, but Capwn, I tried joining your server, and Halo crashed, need someone to tell me why halo always crashes when I try joining games. (And before you say ANYTHING Seafire, your posts will be ignored, so no point in posting anyways)
(monorail cat is NOT obsolete)

Løki
Ranger

Post by Løki » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:53 pm

You guys need to calm down.
Capwn did what he did, he made mistakes, but whatever.
Kayar, you have a point.
Quail, stop fueling the fire.
We need to calm this place down.

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:57 pm

Looking at 002's scorpion nao~

EDIT:
The only thing wrong with this thing is the lack of skin and the ease of killing yourself :P
Last edited by G[v]N on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:41 pm

Now many may not like what changes were made to their contribution but in the other MGM collab topic it was discussed that changes would be made to balance the mod and other fixes needed to be made. Also changes were discussed in the IRC chat. If anyone had problems with changes being made it should of been posted in that topic. But instead what happened, the bulk of the contributors posted their contribution and didn't follow up with the mod or stay current with the mod. Sparky, Al Capwn, and a few others did stay with the project so it would be finished. In every group project if you are not actively involved in the project you will fall behind with changes that need to be made. Look at the other group mod on MGM, the MGM Super Mod, everyone did the same thing on that one. They contributed then didn't stick with the mod. The mod pretty much died out before Kayar decided to take what was left and release it. Many of you may be angry but decisions needed to be made with the mod and those who were still active in the project made them.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:56 pm

WALL OF TEXT AGH

The wall speaks the *very hard to read* truth.
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:01 am

I feel an apology is needed here. Monoman is right, I of course entirely failed to keep up with the status of the mod, on top of failing to read the provisions written concerning the changes that would be made to balance the mod. I went far overboard in my flame-ridden posts. Capwn, I am sorry, and assuming you don't read this soon due to having left the forum, I will contact you in some other way to say so. Also, on the whole, from what I've heard from Veen, it seems this is a very excellent mod. I admit to not downloading the mod in my blind stupor. I apologize also to Sparky and those who actually kept up with the progress of the mod and who actively contributed to it, I was one who just dropped off my contribution and then left immediately afterwards.
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:54 am

Monoman wrote:Wall o' text
With all due respect Monoman, both Capwn and Sparky still should have informed those who gave to the mod of the changes no? It was their work.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 am

They did say in the first collab topic that they were going to make changes. At that time they probably did not have a complete list of what needed to be changed. If anyone that contributed was worried about their stuff being changed they could of asked in that thread or on the IRC. There was alot of collab mod discussions in the IRC. Do I think they should of contacted each contributor? No, that is what the collab topic was for, to discuss what was going on with the mod. They posted that changes were going to be made and no one objected. I would of taken that as no one had any problems that changes were going to be made and I would of made them. A group project will take too long if you have to contact each member and wait for their responses. Instead you post in a single spot and leave it up to the group members to follow that spot. If some group members do not keep up with the progress of the project, the active members should not have to delay their work while waiting for inactive members. The project will suffer if you delay the work of active members. A good example is the MGM Super Mod. The few active members on that project did actually wait for everyone and the project died. It wasn't until after the project had died that Kayar decided to pick up the pieces of the mod and release it.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:53 am

I suppose your right ._. hmm...Thanks for clearing that question up for me monomanz

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:09 pm

Even I am a bit dissapointed by this Capwn, this could've been handled / presented better...
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm