[Mod] The Log Run

Post by Amy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:58 pm

I made this for VK Nothing

http://www.filefront.com/14615559/The%20Log%20Run.zip

comes with two versions

1. with CE modern weapons

2. with normal tag set.

Description:

Remember how all you needed to do was walk across bloodgulch to get to the flag? well i made this mod kind of like side winder... except no ground route.

You spawn at regular spawn points, not being able to get to your flag base or enemies flag base. you teleport to this fortress in middle of map. climb up the fortress and keep going through teles to you reach a huge warthog race strip. race across then go left to get to red team base and right to blue. either teleporter takes you inside <base> flag. Get flag teleport back to bottom of fortress and go through the whole process again...with flag.... get to end of strip and go through the oposite teleporter you went though to get the flag (teleport to your base) and score.

version 1 takes place in 2009 modern warfare

version 2 takes place in 2552 in the same famous place.

HAVE FUN!

PIC TIME:
Last edited by Amy on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

zapconquest
Ranger

Re: [Mod] The Log Run

Post by zapconquest » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:21 pm

No pictures?

Fuel
Green Beret

Post by Fuel » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:03 pm

No, they cost too much.

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:05 am

Weeellll..

• • The CE weapons are butt-ugly, and are lacking in many areas. P90 has no skin, dual pistols are like other crappy duals, AK ironsight is crap, etc. This is the worst possible kind of CE you could put in a mod, and I advise you to avoid this in future mods.

• The alignment of the logs that comprise the structure in the middle of the map isn't precise, making the player's journey an unsmooth one. This necessitates unnecessary and inconvenient bunny-hopping.

• This is slightly situational, but I feel it is necessary to fix the white box radar problem, which ruins gameplay for the players that have it.

• In some instances, the route to the next teleporter is not immediately obvious, resulting in some confusion - specifically, at the start, the one at the top of 'sniper cliff', and inside the bases.

• Effectively, players are forced to take a fixed route through the map to the flag, resulting in somewhat boring gameplay. For future reference, you should remember to provide players with a variety of routes with different vantage points and advantages/disadvantages.

• All in all, this doesn't actually double the size of Blood Gulch; it's somewhat of a new, fixed route through Blood Gulch.
[/color]

I think overall, I'd give the CE version a 3/10, and the non-CE version a 4/10. That totals up to 7/20, which is 35% - not really worth it.
Last edited by G[v]N on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Rofldonutburger
Commando

Post by Rofldonutburger » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:54 am

You started off with the cons... then there are no pros :P
Dead. derp

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:50 am

*Edits*

No I didn't!
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:36 am

That's a quality review right there.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:43 am

The reason i made the normal and CE version was because VK Nothing wanted modern weapons. but i forgot them so a t last minute i just swapped all the ITMC with modern weapons. i didnt expect it to be good.

the normal version..

ZOMG im sorry i couldn't be super precise!

whats this about the radar.....

The route is very easy.... just go where you weren't at.....
and there isn't much room for being lost inside the base.......

thats the whole point. it makes it so you have to go get the flag in a squad of 3 or whatnot to go invade base and go the long journey back.... meeting some foes along the way....

yeah it does...... now there is easy access to a big fortress, sniper cliff, a warthog strip, and a armory. its not double but it increases in size.....
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:24 am

Thanks, forum Nazi. It was inspired by Moxus.
Amy wrote:The reason i made the normal and CE version was because VK Nothing wanted modern weapons. but i forgot them so a t last minute i just swapped all the ITMC with modern weapons. i didnt expect it to be good.

the normal version..

ZOMG im sorry i couldn't be super precise!

whats this about the radar.....

The route is very easy.... just go where you weren't at.....
and there isn't much room for being lost inside the base.......

thats the whole point. it makes it so you have to go get the flag in a squad of 3 or whatnot to go invade base and go the long journey back.... meeting some foes along the way....

yeah it does...... now there is easy access to a big fortress, sniper cliff, a warthog strip, and a armory. its not double but it increases in size....
• There is no deadline for mod releases. If you don't expect something to be good don't release it!

• You don't need to be super precise, just align them properly.

• The radar is a problem caused by nVidia graphics cards on Leopard. It makes a white box appear instead of the radar.

• Since you made the mod, naturally you'd know better. But from my point of view - the player's point of view, some teleporters are not immediately obvious. For example the sniper cliff - the teleporter is at a 90º angle on a raised platform, making it hard to see.

• The base is symmetrical. The teleporter is located at one of the four symmetrical corners of the base. It is confusing.

• Effectively, you don't go get the flag in a squad of 3 - you force the entire side to use the same route. It is monotonous and provides less opportunity for strategy - just pure brute force.

• Contradicted yourself ¬_¬

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:35 am

theres two teleporters on the sniper cliff....

when you get there you go to the other side...its not that hard. then your teleported to a platform..you jump and you teleport......

you get to the cliff here:

go to the only other place to go and its there....

then you apear on a platform just above where you were...

then you look forward and see the teleporter...

where else could you go.....
MGM Sig

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:21 am

¬_¬

IT IS NOT OBVIOUS TO LOOK 'FORWARD'

WHEN YOU TELEPORT YOU FACE THE END OF THE LOG

AT THAT HEIGHT, YOU NATURALLY LOOK DOWN

NOTICE HOW IN THE LAST PIC IT IS ALMOST HIDDEN

Oops caps.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:48 am

yeah well most of us would go to the only other place to go.... not jump down......
and what does the radar problem have to do with my mod....
and why you screaming???
MGM Sig

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:39 pm

Never mind.

Rofldonutburger
Commando

Post by Rofldonutburger » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:54 pm

... Fail mod is fail.
Dead. derp

Dudedragon
Operative

Post by Dudedragon » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:13 pm

The mod looks pretty good, ill download it!
" When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep, not screaming, like the passengers in his car."