[MOD]-ROAD RAGE!

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Jrr51
Peon

Re: [MOD]-ROAD RAGE!

Post by Jrr51 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:39 pm

[שк]Gєภєгคl wrote:I also don't think someones going to make a lawsuit against me or MG for using 3 tags that arn't mine in this map.
It's not only about the legal principles, it's about giving credit given where credit is due. If someone makes something with their own hard work and time and effort, they expect to be given credit for it and not have stolen from them. When you submit a mod you are automatically saying that YOU did all the work creating the mod along with the resources that Bungie has provided in Halo DEMO. If you start using other content (CE, other mods) then you should list the author who put forth the effort to create what you are using. It's not often that EVERY source is listed, and there could be a debate on whether to source Full version, but that's not the point. The point is the principle, that its about upholding the rights of fellow modders and respecting the content and the effort that they put into their work. In this case I think to much of a deal is being made about the issue, but you should always respect fellow modders content. Doing small things like that are what help keep the modding community together.

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:49 pm

[שк]Gєภєгคl wrote: Why don't you read the sentence how it's supposed to be read before calling me stupid. The irony couldnt be any better than it is right now, could it?
My result still stands. You ripped out TAGS whether they be weapon or not, from CE maps. thus you RIPPED content.

Now that you have been proven wrong and shown as a fool, leave, your disrespect is horrid

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:56 am

Jrr51 wrote:
[שк]Gєภєгคl wrote:I also don't think someones going to make a lawsuit against me or MG for using 3 tags that arn't mine in this map.
It's not only about the legal principles, it's about giving credit given where credit is due. If someone makes something with their own hard work and time and effort, they expect to be given credit for it and not have stolen from them. When you submit a mod you are automatically saying that YOU did all the work creating the mod along with the resources that Bungie has provided in Halo DEMO. If you start using other content (CE, other mods) then you should list the author who put forth the effort to create what you are using. It's not often that EVERY source is listed, and there could be a debate on whether to source Full version, but that's not the point. The point is the principle, that its about upholding the rights of fellow modders and respecting the content and the effort that they put into their work. In this case I think to much of a deal is being made about the issue, but you should always respect fellow modders content. Doing small things like that are what help keep the modding community together.
This. Very much this.
Disclaimer: I am no longer active. Any posts, PMs or other communication I use has no guarantee of accuracy or follow up.
Download Eschaton: Mediafire

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:08 am

Altimit01 wrote:
Jrr51 wrote:
This. Very much this.

Someone make a tut on respect, credit, and principles!
WE MUST CREDIT!
Eg: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=10265

Read 10th post, then the 2nd last one on the page

DO NOT POST ON IT, IT WILL BE A MASS BUMP

and ull give alt more work to do
Click!

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:10 am

Sugarlumps wrote: Someone make a tut on respect, credit, and principles!
o_O making a Welcome to MGM movie for this place...since noobs don't read teh stickies

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:23 am

Someone who has a nice voice should do so...and we shall always keep that topic alive, so noobs will read it
Click!

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:27 am

i am >_>