mod- gulch-less 2.0

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

deadly vision
Veteran

mod- gulch-less 2.0

Post by deadly vision » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:33 pm

this is gulchless 2.0!!! the screeny is the wrong bitmaps. can someone take a screeny of them playing. i want to see it in hi-res. so yeah completly remodeled. like a new bsp!!! i heard the complaints for no walls and how the track just ends. it does no more. i need someone to host it tommoro. its jan 11 2012 monday 5:38 Pm http://www.halodemomods.com/mediawiki/i ... ss_2.0.zip
i

Amy
Green Beret

Re: mod- gulch-less 2.0

Post by Amy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:48 pm

Wtf did you do to the map file. it has no Icon and HDL and HD itself cant read it.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:31 pm

I'm disturbed by that sig... let alone the map O_o.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Fortune
Ranger

Post by Fortune » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:25 pm

I like the idea of the idea of the whole big wide open space hog track, but it just needs to be overall neater. Neater curves and drops, just from looking at that single picture.

Instead of making him do something, we can do something so... off the charts... that he is forced to take his down! then we can take ours down and it will all be back to normal. It may sound stupid enough to work...
QUICK EVERYONE! FIND THE UGLIEST PICTURE YOU CAN AND PUT IT AS YOUR SIG!!! that excludes seafire. Its too horrible to witness, let alone THINK about... lawl
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

Visiting this website is filled with nostalgia. Its like going to an old home.

Thank you for all the memories. Never change.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:49 am

Would you like some CE with that mod, sir?
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

deadly vision
Veteran

Post by deadly vision » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:14 pm

Kayar wrote:Would you like some CE with that mod, sir?
YES! it was extremely hard for me to find the right r,p, and yaw for the walls. i wanted the bridges to curve but i dont have ce.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:47 pm

Amy wrote:Wtf did you do to the map file. it has no Icon and HDL and HD itself cant read it.
He removed the .map file extension.

The map looks very weird and and the scenery is incredibly glitchy. Also, it doesn't look too practical to play.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9426/picture1oi.png
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:01 pm

deadly vision wrote:
Kayar wrote:Would you like some CE with that mod, sir?
YES! it was extremely hard for me to find the right r,p, and yaw for the walls. i wanted the bridges to curve but i dont have ce.
*facepalm*

Your doing it wrong.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

deadly vision
Veteran

Post by deadly vision » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:55 pm

post bmaps u want then plz

is it fun for anyone???

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:12 pm

No.

deadly vision
Veteran

Post by deadly vision » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:15 am

CMON!!! this map took forever to make! u no what, try making this yourself without guidelines in 5 days 2 hrs a day! with a 256mb ram. and 10.3.9. unappreciative bitches! and yes i used spell check

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:42 am

Its a bunch of crap lined together in swordedit with a imported jeep. woohoo.

btw don't bump.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:25 am

Congrats on this accomplishment!

Modding gets easier with experience and creativity. For example, you could determine mathematically how to place the scenery so it forms straight lines next time. I did such a thing with platforms like that, and it took about 10 tries before I was able to accurately place everything else with addition/subtraction. What you would do is edit the map's scnr with the scenario editor in Eschaton. You click "load" and choose the scenery or whatever. If you are dealing with something like mach references that aren't handled by Eschaton's or SwordEdit's scnr editor, use the Metadata Editor tab in conjunction with a free player spawn point in the scnr editor so you can see where the object would show up. You'd move around the free spawn point to where you want the object to show up, then you copy-paste its coordinates into the coordinate metadata for the mach tag reference, then work from there.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

deadly vision
Veteran

Post by deadly vision » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:32 pm

btw sparky, thanks for the compliment, and i meant to make the bridges not line-up, to make sure youre not sleeping. is there anyone else who has done anything like this?

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Whatever happened to the days of standards?

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.