[MOD] Silent Cartographer Vamped

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

RXA
Operative

[MOD] Silent Cartographer Vamped

Post by RXA » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi, this is my second mod! I decided to vamp up the Silent Cartographer to give it a more H3 - ish feel. I know that practically the entire mod is based off of CE material, but every single CE item I used was heavily modded by me. Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I posted several pictures of the mod on the HDM mod database. To see them, go to Halodemomods.com - Mod Database - Silent Cartographer Vamped. Below that will be my pictures. And to download the mod, click this link: http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:S ... Vamped.zip I wanted this mod to have an ODST theme, but there are limits to modding the b30, so I couldn't change the MC bipd to an ODST. Whenever I did change the bipd to an ODST, the game would crash. =( Edit: I also would recommend that you play this on Legendary or at least Heroic because I lowered the AI's health and "smartness".

This is a preview of my upcoming mod, which will take place in H2 Coagulation. I created a story and it goes like this:
You are an ODST; the best of the best. Your name alone makes the covenant shudder. You have been sent on a top – secret solo mission called RXA. You have been given a heads up that there is a "super weapon" located in Coagulation. Your mission is to retrieve it. Sounds easy doesn't it? It just so happens that the entire thing was a scam. The covenant managed to get an inside man to inform the entire marine force about this fake weapon. You have been dropped off in the middle of Coagulation, where there are now hundreds and hundreds of covenant forces waiting for you. You request immediate backup, however, your pelican has been gunned down by covenant air forces on its flight back. They inform you that the earliest possible time for backup to arrive is ten days. So now, your real mission is to stay alive...

The Coagulation SCNR will have ACTV spots, so I will use those to create somewhat of a firefight. I will make 10 different waves (1 day = 1 wave), so there will be 10 maps. The file might be quite big. =( So, tell me what you guys think!

Nikolai Belinski
Operative

Re: [MOD] Silent Cartographer Vamped

Post by Nikolai Belinski » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:29 am

played it, and it looks pretty good. nice job!

RXA
Operative

Post by RXA » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:37 am

Thanks! lol, that's the first good comment I got on this forum. :)

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:19 am

Pics please.

82MB is not something I'ma download for fun.
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:43 am

G[v]N wrote:Pics please.

82MB is not something I'ma download for fun.
Your awesome.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Dittoz7
Veteran

Post by Dittoz7 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:49 am

Very fun.
Mainly just a bunch of CE imports but,
I like it.
WHERE ARE THE BRUTES?!?
Fortune wrote:We need you in this fight noble one!
NOBLE 1 DO YOU COPY?!?!??!
NOBLE 1???!?!?
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- we lost the spartans
I guess the Covenant win.

RXA
Operative

Post by RXA » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:54 am

The Brutes should be in the campaign. However, if you play it on Easy, then there's a chance that they won't show up.

Edit: K, there's gonna be a lot of pics:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

This is just a few of the pictures I posted on HDM mod database along with my mod.
Last edited by RXA on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dittoz7
Veteran

Post by Dittoz7 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:23 am

That's why.
How come the grunts have an abnormally large amount of health?
I shot one in the face about 6 times with a carbine and it STILL lived.
Fortune wrote:We need you in this fight noble one!
NOBLE 1 DO YOU COPY?!?!??!
NOBLE 1???!?!?
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- we lost the spartans
I guess the Covenant win.

RXA
Operative

Post by RXA » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:31 am

lol, umm, I did give the Grunts more health, but I'm sure that you didn't give it a headshot. I made it so that all weapons have a headshot bonus, meaning that if it shoots a target with no shields or depleted shields in the head, then it should die immediately.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:46 am

How did you heavily mod the CE material? It all seems pretty out-of-the-box from the pictures.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

RXA
Operative

Post by RXA » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:08 pm

What I changed mostly was the effects, mainly the explosions (not the frag and plasma grenade explosions. the b30 didn't allow me to use those). I combined at least 7 different explosions to create the final product. I also had to change its color, radius, particle count, etc... I know that it doesn't seem like a lot, but teaching myself to do that did take a while and countless testing. I also went through every weapon firing effect and messed around with the particles for a while. The collision effects were also combined with other effects and edited heavily by me. All weapon appearances seem the same because I'm not too comfortable with bitmapping. Editing all the ACTV also took a while. Again, it took many tries for me to find out how to make the elites throw grenades, how to make grunts charge their plasma pistol, how to make the jackal's shield never deactivate, or how to make the elite rangers fly. All projectiles (other than human bullets) were modified in the proj tag to look differently from the original. It also took a while to balance out all the weapons. I went through every jpt! tag and tried to balance it to the best of my ability. It was tedious, but I knew that it was worth it. In addition, all the elite's shield effect were changed heavily by me. There's also a few more things that I did, but I can't recall. It all might not seem like a lot, but for me, a learning modder, it is. What I am most proud of is how much learning experience I got from this. When I first started this mod, I practically didn't know anything, but now, I'm able to make some decent mods.

Zealot0830
Operative

Post by Zealot0830 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Nice but word of advice, get rid of that disgusting ODST hud half of the skull and points are unneeded and in the way.

RXA
Operative

Post by RXA » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:22 pm

Yeah, I was thinking of that too, but I don't know how to. :(

Fortune
Ranger

Post by Fortune » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:35 pm

in the bipd category go into r-swapper scroll down to something like UNHD or something like that. Change it to the original one (its like cyborg or something)
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

Visiting this website is filled with nostalgia. Its like going to an old home.

Thank you for all the memories. Never change.

RXA
Operative

Post by RXA » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Oh, I think he was meaning to get rid of the skull half, but that works too. Thanks! :)