No votes
what the...?
50%

Total votes: 2

Moxus
Delta Force

Re: [MOD] Ultimate Icefields

Post by Moxus » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Løki wrote:How could it have been done in a less illegal fashion?
CE? Still Illegal.
To my knowledge, most CE maps and materials aren't copyrighted. With that in mind, taking something from CE should be no more illegal than you modding Isle; Isle is my work, but there's no legal reason why you can't use it.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Løki
Ranger

Post by Løki » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Moxus wrote:
Løki wrote:How could it have been done in a less illegal fashion?
CE? Still Illegal.
To my knowledge, most CE maps and materials aren't copyrighted. With that in mind, taking something from CE should be no more illegal than you modding Isle; Isle is my work, but there's no legal reason why you can't use it.

-=Moxus=-
CE was made and intended to be used for Halo Full. AKA, the people who purchased the full game. When Pearl and QAR are used on these maps, full tags and work are usually being ripped.
Copyrighted or not, theft is theft. Let's go steal some maps.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:46 pm

Yea Heres some free tags for the nubbinz here: http://www.filefront.com/12962304/RippedCeTags/

who likes them? it took me ages to rip them, especialy zteams h2 weapons.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Løki wrote:CE was made and intended to be used for Halo Full. AKA, the people who purchased the full game. When Pearl and QAR are used on these maps, full tags and work are usually being ripped.
Copyrighted or not, theft is theft. Let's go steal some maps.
And the majority of the more popular CE maps have next to nothing in the way of original Full tags. And besides, if the maps already have Full tags in them, the author of the map has already breached copyright and purchasing regulations by making the tags available to the internet in the first place. Whatever we do to them is secondary to their primary fault.

Fact is, the mod didn't have to be made in Full to showcase the scenarios, a choice which is a blatantly illegal. If you want to add his decision to include CE tags on top of the list, by all means do so; it only helps my argument.

-=Moxus=-
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Once and for all, Moxus and others, I refuse to discuss this here as it is off topic. It's fine with me if you resurrect the other topic about the legality of modding ANY Halo game.

Please make your discussions directly related to the Ultimate Icefields mod. I will accept no further accusations for my work, honestly your opinion no longer means anything to me since it has become a bludgeon over my head and a whip on my back. I am well aware of the legal issues this mod raised with my decision to include a single Full tag for trivial aesthetic purposes.

I will only pay attention to discussions that are:
1. Constructive, not destructive
2. Inspirational and insightful
3. Accepting of my hard efforts
4. Requests for features

Along those lines, is there anything that you want to see in this map that isn't already there? Any ideas for gameplay or suggestions for things like king of the hill markers and whatnot? Remember that this mod is released in development.

Thank you in advance for your adherence to my guidelines for my topic.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Your idealism is your blindfold, Sparky.

But then again, I'm just a bludgeon over your head, now aren't I?

-=Moxus=-