Veteran

Re: [MOD] Ultimate Icefields

Post by Pakar45 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Oh look,some pissed of team member. I stopped ripping 2 months ago :\

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Seafire wrote:Sparky shouldn't become the new CEfag at MGM. Quit making mods like this.
GOD DAMN IT SEAFFIRE SHUT THE FUCK UP!

i think everyone here is sick of your single minded stupidity.
He made the SCNR himself! he populated it with WORKING MACH tags, he created a resource for the community and if you can't do better then you can piss off.
Maybe if you make a mod i will respect you a bit more (Not that you give a fuck about my respect anyway).

And to Dirk/Moxus/Whoever else is whining that it's illegal nobody gives a fuck, if Gearbox gave a shit we'd be shut down. quit the illegal talk because it's not going to get anywhere.

Kiyoshi wrote:Oh look, a noob ripper who doesn't know any better
Nasty
Pakar45 wrote:Oh look,some pissed of team member. I stopped ripping 2 months ago :\
Pakar....Wins?

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:14 pm

olly12345 wrote:
Seafire wrote:Sparky shouldn't become the new CEfag at MGM. Quit making mods like this.

He made the SCNR himself! he populated it with WORKING MACH tags, he created a resource for the community and if you can't do better then you can piss off.
Maybe if you make a mod i will respect you a bit more (Not that you give a fuck about my respect anyway).

And to Dirk/Moxus/Whoever else is whining that it's illegal nobody gives a fuck, if Gearbox gave a shit we'd be shut down. quit the illegal talk because it's not going to get anywhere.

Kiyoshi wrote:Oh look, a noob ripper who doesn't know any better
Nasty
Pakar45 wrote:Oh look,some pissed of team member. I stopped ripping 2 months ago :\
Pakar....Wins?
Maybe if Sparky made a real mod we would respect the odd Full rip. He does not do shit though. Sorry if I don't like people ripping shit instead of making their own stuff.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:18 pm

olly12345 wrote:

No. I don't care. And if you rate people by the mods they make, that's fail.

I don't make mods, I play them. And while this may be an "achievement" in modding, it's like doing something extremely complicated in a product and making it only somewhat different in it's behavior.

I'm sure that eventually it may lead to one thing or another, but for now I don't care. >_> Custom SCNR is CE. It's been doable to years. And on Mac that's cool, but it's nothing new IMO.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:23 pm

I do not rate people by their mods. i rate people by their behaviour in the community. while sparky may have used CE to make this SCNR didn't everything we use come through tool? i can say that the mod was really fun and i had a blast playing it.
Last edited by Smythe on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RXA
Operative

Post by RXA » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:58 pm

That goes for me too! :D

Fortune
Ranger

Post by Fortune » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:18 pm

It looks interesting. And i dont remember ice fields from Halo. Is that originally a MP map, not an SP? cuz i havent played all the MP maps.
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

Visiting this website is filled with nostalgia. Its like going to an old home.

Thank you for all the memories. Never change.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:49 pm

Yes, Fortune, Icefields is a Halo Full multiplayer map. Ultimate Icefields uses the sbsp from Icefields and a scnr tag that I made from scratch with Guerilla in the HEK of Halo CE.

This mod took me an entire day to make and I am quite proud of my accomplishment. This is the first Halo Demo map with working machine tags aside from Deep Space Arena. And not only that, but I made it as a template for future modding, meaning it's expandable. You can't add more working doors to Deep Space Arena without messing with the map and scripting, but with Ultimate Icefields, you don't need scripting to get these machine tags to work, and you can add up to 98 of them along with most other types of tags (the map is expandable and rebuildable, thanks to Eschaton and Pearl).

Ah, yes, now for the credits: kornman00's Guerilla and Tool from the Halo Editing Kit for Halo CE; The Black Art of Halo Mods (book) for random insights; Altimit01 for Eschaton; Modzy for Pearl; everyone here at MGM for your support for creative modding; Bungie for Halo; Apple and Dell for the two computers I used; Crucial Memory for the SD card I used to transfer files between computers; God for time, and ... well, you get the point! Oh, and me for everything I've done up to this point that allowed this accomplishment to exist (and all the Halo CE tag authors at halomaps.org for their tags found in the INCY that I made).
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Uhh, why dont you just make this in a plain bloodgulch with a couple doors (which you can add more)

Or can you scnr swap this to a reg bloodgulch map without deleting 1000 tags >_>
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Zodiark
SEAL

Post by Zodiark » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Ice Fields is cooler (no pun intended).

Fortune
Ranger

Post by Fortune » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Why only 98 SCNR tags and not 1000 like amy said?
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

Visiting this website is filled with nostalgia. Its like going to an old home.

Thank you for all the memories. Never change.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:27 pm

the 1000 tags i meant was all that CE crap weapons.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Sparky wrote:This is the first Halo Demo map with working machine tags aside from Deep Space Arena. And not only that, but I made it as a template for future modding, meaning it's expandable. You can't add more working doors to Deep Space Arena without messing with the map and scripting, but with Ultimate Icefields, you don't need scripting to get these machine tags to work, and you can add up to 98 of them along with most other types of tags (the map is expandable and rebuildable, thanks to Eschaton and Pearl).
You could have just released an extracted Scnr tag with the working spots for the Mach tags. You didn't need to convert a Full map.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:14 pm

That's what i was trying to get at.
MGM Sig

Kiyoshi

Post by Kiyoshi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Moxus wrote:
Sparky wrote:This is the first Halo Demo map with working machine tags aside from Deep Space Arena.
Also, saying this was first is WRONG.

Taxi's then mine was next (unreleased). Hell, Kayar's worked half the time in that one mod. It slips my mind, sorry Kayar.