[MOD] Desert Multigulch

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: [MOD] Desert Multigulch

Post by Sparky » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:24 am

Well, how about using my bsp from flat gulch?
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:22 am

Moxus wrote:
2310 wrote: The map will be about 7km wide and 2 km tall.

Is that even possible? (The real world ... is huge, right?)
In a Warthog, it would take you several minutes to get directly from one side of the map to the other. On foot, it would probably take you around 10-15 mins to walk (if not more).

This isn't the real world; this is a video game based on fun. And players have shown time and again that they don't enjoy having to walk exorbitant distances to reach other players or objectives. It's just not fun.

-=Moxus=-
Umm we can add pelicans! That would be a lot better than putting them in BG! And it's not really meant for people to walk in; think Sandtrap. (Hmm ... is it possible to make a Pelican into a base? Like the elephants in Sandtrap?)
Sparky wrote:Well, how about using my bsp from flat gulch?
How big is that?

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:27 am

Unreasonably big.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:36 am

2310 wrote:Umm we can add pelicans!
Now there's an idea: not only are the Pelicans fast and capable of transporting multiple people, they can also easily be spotted by friendlies. In conjunction with Warthogs and Banshees, you'd have a reasonable way of covering the map. Keep in mind though, individual players should also be able to traverse the map relatively easily.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:47 am

Fraction Jackson wrote:Unreasonably big.
Why did they then make the New Mombasa in ODST? That consisted of 11 BSPs. (If I counted correctly.)

This could of course be one of my insane ideas that never get finished. :P But I still think exploring the limits of map sizes could open possibilities that we've never experienced.
Moxus wrote:
2310 wrote:Umm we can add pelicans!
Now there's an idea: not only are the Pelicans fast and capable of transporting multiple people, they can also easily be spotted by friendlies. In conjunction with Warthogs and Banshees, you'd have a reasonable way of covering the map. Keep in mind though, individual players should also be able to traverse the map relatively easily.

-=Moxus=-
Well ... Pelicans are meant to be fast. After all, they could travel from the falling Pillar of Autumn to the surface of Halo. And Sarge Johnson and a few others escaped Halo in a Pelican, if I remembered correctly. Pelicans can also have additional armaments, or we could change the seats to allow easier shooting from them. (Didn't somebody have a location that said "Gunning down Fonzie's pelican ... KILLTACULAR!")

For individuals, we could make a jetpack vehicle, like the Reach one, and spawn lots of em. Or we could add teleporters across the map, which would allow individuals deprived of vehicles a way to move around.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:30 pm

2310 wrote:For individuals, we could make a jetpack vehicle, like the Reach one, and spawn lots of em. Or we could add teleporters across the map, which would allow individuals deprived of vehicles a way to move around.
In a lot of cases, Teleporters tend to be a cheap way to fix map flaws. It'd probably be best if you avoided them.

-=Moxus=-
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:06 pm

flat gulch is 10km x 10km x 10km
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:52 pm

You should make a giant pit with a tentacular monster at the bottom. To the side should be a huge hovering cruise ship. If a player falls into the pit and is devoured by the monster there should be a really long respawn time penalty.

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Sparky wrote:flat gulch is 10km x 10km x 10km
I went to the edge of the map after driving a hog for about 5 mins and the enemy flag was shown only as 1.8 km. Also, things seem a lot slower, but I know it's not laggyness because the reticule and camera moves smoothly.
zapconquest wrote:You should make a giant pit with a tentacular monster at the bottom. To the side should be a huge hovering cruise ship. If a player falls into the pit and is devoured by the monster there should be a really long respawn time penalty.
The Gravemind! When you fall in and get eaten you get to fight a Flood Spartan with a homing rocket launcher.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:00 am

zapconquest wrote:You should make a giant pit with a tentacular monster at the bottom. To the side should be a huge hovering cruise ship. If a player falls into the pit and is devoured by the monster there should be a really long respawn time penalty.
YES!

-=Moxus=-

Dittoz7
Veteran

Post by Dittoz7 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:32 am

Sir Lumps wrote:Pretty fun, but the lack of vehicles made it rather bland.
Yeah, add a tank?
Fortune wrote:We need you in this fight noble one!
NOBLE 1 DO YOU COPY?!?!??!
NOBLE 1???!?!?
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- we lost the spartans
I guess the Covenant win.

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:18 am

Dittoz7 wrote:
Sir Lumps wrote:Pretty fun, but the lack of vehicles made it rather bland.
Yeah, add a tank?
Actually, a missile hog. It's a custom version mentioned in the novels, I think. Then it could home in on targets across the map.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:58 pm

I tried ghosts, but there's too much crashing into the hills. I could fix it, but... I also tried a goose, which is a CE vehicle from the INCY that is like a dune buggy. This one was actually preferable to the warthogs, but I knew you guys would like the turret capabilities of the MG warthogs and might not like so much CE content, so I left it at that. Banshees were another option, but I wanted to keep this map as human as possible - hence why there are plasma claws rather than swords. And Jeeps match the desert theme better than tanks, I think.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:29 pm

reasonable mod, but would be better with classic weapons. also you have at least 2 hogs spawning under the map.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Zealot0830
Operative

Post by Zealot0830 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:34 pm

You could use a new ak model?