[MOD] Halo Doodles

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Re: [MOD] Halo Doodles

Post by Sugarlumps » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:16 am

I made a watergun long long ago in my mod which is never going to finish anytime soon. O_o
Just tried it out, very interesting.
Click!

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:27 am

Sir Lumps wrote:I made a watergun long long ago in my mod which is never going to finish anytime soon. O_o
Just tried it out, very interesting.
What does the watergun do?
Moxus wrote:Ah, the fulfilment of all those hours of painstakingly blasting letters into walls using the Plasma Rifle. Nice job!

-=Moxus=-
It was probably more like 5 minutes; the game itself isn't longer than 15 minutes. Thanks!
Løki wrote:Make the ROF like, over 9000 so that it's more of a sweep than multiple square shots.
Update: After some experimentation, I found that squares would become circles if the projectiles per shot was 500. The problem with that was it shot 500 projectiles with 60 fire rate, then:
  1. The game would lag. Enabling sparkyish impact effects would make it lag so much your computer would freeze.
  2. There's only a limited number of decals; decals made previously would disappear to preserve performance.
  3. If the number of projectiles was reduced, it would look like a jagged-edged circle.
The only solution as far as I know is to make the actual bullet bitmaps round. I'm also thinking of making it a pattern instead of making it completely round, like rainbow dots or a grid.

Another idea would be to make the detonation delay for the plasma nade infinite, with 99 speed, so it can be used to draw stuff like glowy signs.

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:31 am

The water gun shoots water out in a line o_o
Click!

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:28 am

Sir Lumps wrote:The water gun shoots water out in a line o_o
Other than that ... anything special? Like making you slippery? (Negative stun perhaps?)

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:06 am

2310 wrote:(Negative stun perhaps?)
Sweet.

Watergun... in a line... sentinel laser? aka my sentinel laser mod?
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.