[MOD] Genocide

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Re: [MOD] Genocide

Post by 2310 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:42 am

Fortune wrote:weeeee! seems like a good way to kill time! heh is there a weapon that kills time?
999 spash damage radius with 999 stun time, does not hurt owner enabled? :P

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:44 am

Small modifications can make fine standalone mods, especially if they've never been done before. The Random weapons mods for example are practical to play because they are simple, and them being CSS is a huge plus. You may be surprised how many joiners like playing those kind of mods, and not like the majority of other bloodgulch like mods.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:04 pm

All i know is i hate triforce.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:35 pm

Triforce is another good example of a standalone mod that is liked by many, but perhaps not you :).
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:23 pm

>_> it's so annoying. Either have all shotguns, all snipers, or all pistols. All of them at once is stupid.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:59 pm

nil wrote:Small modifications can make fine standalone mods, especially if they've never been done before. The Random weapons mods for example are practical to play because they are simple, and them being CSS is a huge plus. You may be surprised how many joiners like playing those kind of mods, and not like the majority of other bloodgulch like mods.
I've got nothing against small mods; in many cases, simplicity is the best road to choose. Rather, I have issues with impractical small mods. As per the two Random Weapons mods I highlighted, they were chosen because:

• The Ghosts and closer spawns to the center, while fun, lead to spawn-camping and excess vehicle useage. Therefore, while it is fun, it's not really practical for good, long-running game-play.

• The Proximity and Inversion edition is simply the same as another mod release, but with the Random Weapons. Since Proximity with Random Weapons is really similar to the 2nd version, and Inversion somewhat redundant, they don't seem particularly advantageous to have.

Note that I did exempt the original and the third version; I have no issue conceding that I found them to be practical.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:56 pm

Frinîk wrote:>_> it's so annoying. Either have all shotguns, all snipers, or all pistols. All of them at once is stupid.
3 weapons mean that you can have a close, medium, and long range weapon at the same time. It also means that you can have all power weapons at the same time. :P

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:56 pm

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions, they are very helpful to me!

Yes, Monoman, all my works are based upon themes and I offer them to all to use as they want; I'm very pleased that my works are useful overall.

I feel similar to Amy in that triforce is annoyingly popular... kind of like a pop star, maybe? It makes you wonder why, a question that begs further investigation :P

As for the RSW mods, I did have to ponder whether RSW 3 would be an update to 2 or a standalone version. Given the lack of modding capabilities of the general player community and the popularity of RSW 2 (it's still played ;) ), I decided upon releasing it as a standalone version to provide another variation on the theme.

Spawn camping is pretty cool at times, Moxus. It highlights the idea of teamwork in CTF.
Red Team: "Oh no, blue team is spawn camping us with a Rocket Lau-- *boom*"
Blue Team: "Mwahahah, All Your Base Are Belong to Us!!!"
Red Team: "Try to surround them, spread out and take cover!"
...teamwork generally ensues, but some people just take their marbles and go home. It's human nature: when there is difficulty, you find help or give up. Fight or flight.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.