[MOD] Crazy Gulch

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Moxus
Delta Force

Re: [MOD] Crazy Gulch

Post by Moxus » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:11 am

Thag wrote:It is not a complete fail. Think back to hell gulch. That did not have a defined theme but it was very successful.
I'd argue the theme was to have everything that seemed like a really cool idea in a single mod. The problem was that this created an extensively overpowered map where everything was a weapon of mass destruction. So, while popular, because of the theme the mod itself holds relatively little in terms of replay and game-play value.

In terns of this mod, the biggest issue I have is the cliff bitmaps - they really don't do anything to help the graphical experience. Beyond that, everything gets nit-picky, and I'm gonna try to stay away from that. When you get a little farther on, we can start discussing those things.

Good to see you away from CE.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:56 am

Thag wrote:It is not a complete fail. Think back to hell gulch. That did not have a defined theme but it was very successful.
THat mod failed

Hell ISLAND won.

And both had a theme numnut.

Anyways, nice job on the mod, nice to see some more of the good ol' modding.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

wernarner84
Peon

Post by wernarner84 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:00 am

I think the name Crazy Gulch has been taken, it's somewhere on HDM already...
TaxiService wrote: Not the mod, but the fact that you did actually learn how to do some basic things! 0_0
I am very happy for you, Human! i hope to see more of you!

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:05 am

I think it was by ToAsT/Ark/Whatever he calls himself.
Click!

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:48 am

No, the OTHER was "Crazy Mod" I checked. I think i'll change the cliff bitmaps in the second version.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:13 am

Ok, heres Crazy Gulch V2:
http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:Crazy_Gulch.zip
I've changed most the cliff and ground bitmaps and uploaded the bitmaps file with it so you can use the custom reticles. I'm too lazy to put up pictures. But anyway, it hasn't changed that much. Just some weapon, vehicle and bitmap modding.
Enjoy! :D
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:35 pm

Show pic of new cliff.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:44 pm

I just changed it back to the original cliff.