[CONVERSION] Star Wars: Jedi Knight II

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

[CONVERSION] Star Wars: Jedi Knight II

Post by Sparky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Download

This is a total conversion from Raven Software's Star Wars: Jedi Knight II. The current version demonstrates concepts for the laser blaster and the Jedi Force power lightning.

I'm working on the weapons first. Pictures will follow the conversion of a level resembling one from the game.

I need testers for the behavior of the Jedi Force power lightning, so that I can see how the lightning bolts twist in an arc in the air.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Amy
Green Beret

Re: [CONVERSION] Star Wars: Jedi Knight II

Post by Amy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:32 pm

Best game evar. Jedi academy for teh win.

I will help.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:01 pm

Alright, I can host now. Please join if you can.

EDIT: Thanks to testers NismoZ, Indy, HndMadeFool and Grif. Version 1.1 out with minor tweaks to the lightning force power gun.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Let me know when you get pics up Spark.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:05 pm

UPDATE: I added advanced imperial tie fighters.
ROFL pancakes! Great fun!

Same download as before:
http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:J ... ght_II.zip

EDIT: Pictures of the advanced imperial tie fighter.

Levels will be rather hard to create, so wish me luck ;)

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:04 am

O_O

That's an epic TIE Advanced. Besides the usual buggy halo model problems (Seeing through the model) I must say gj.

(moar on the TIE here)

http://galactic-voyage.com/Dark%20Side- ... d%20x1.htm
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Fonzeh wrote:O_O

That's an epic TIE Advanced. Besides the usual buggy halo model problems (Seeing through the model) I must say gj.

(moar on the TIE here)

http://galactic-voyage.com/Dark%20Side- ... d%20x1.htm
It was a free model. The model was more complex than any version of Tool could handle without "running out of memory" (an issue with Tool, itself, not memory). I must say that I slicked this baby down with multires many many times, it's about 2% its original detail (I have pics of both "full res" versions I was trying to pass through the engine, they look much better). The advantage is that this model will sail smoothly no matter how many spaceships halo has to render at once, so it's closer to my dream of intergalactic space combat battles... perfect for the Galaxy Wars mod series, anyway. But makes such a thing possible as a remaking of a game like X-Wing or Tie Fighter that ran back in the days of Mac OS 8 and 9.

I'm rather proud of this half-a-day attempt as it was for all intensive purposes a one-pass try in the CE process that worked to my surprise. Seems I might have enough experience to make this whole project AND a kick-arse Galaxy Wars mod come to pass! (There were previous Star Wars mod attempts, but their mods-in-progress didn't come to fruition to the best of my knowledge.)

What do you guys think of the green laser blasters? I might remove the light volume from the projectile so it looks thinner.

I just realized I should make the engine lights blue and add yellow lights to the gun ejection points.

Fortune
Ranger

Post by Fortune » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Holy crap thats awesome
I really wanna fly one
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

Visiting this website is filled with nostalgia. Its like going to an old home.

Thank you for all the memories. Never change.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:27 pm

Fortune wrote:Holy crap thats awesome
I really wanna fly one
err... download the mod? ;)

Fonzeh
Ranger

Post by Fonzeh » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:32 pm

Sparky wrote: It was a free model. The model was more complex than any version of Tool could handle without "running out of memory" (an issue with Tool, itself, not memory). I must say that I slicked this baby down with multires many many times, it's about 2% its original detail
Hey Free model or not, still nice, and Ouch, that's quite a decrease, i keep forgetting how weak the halo engine is. Kinda sad. were now being limited not by what we can do, but by what halo can handle lol.
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:27 am

Fonzeh wrote:
Sparky wrote: It was a free model. The model was more complex than any version of Tool could handle without "running out of memory" (an issue with Tool, itself, not memory). I must say that I slicked this baby down with multires many many times, it's about 2% its original detail
Hey Free model or not, still nice, and Ouch, that's quite a decrease, i keep forgetting how weak the halo engine is. Kinda sad. were now being limited not by what we can do, but by what halo can handle lol.
I notice that the models in Jedi Knight II use images for the majority of their detail, bitmaps in Halo's case, rather than polygons. That's what I'll implement more in the future.

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:37 am

Have you even bothered to try OBJconverter?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:26 am

Dirk Gently wrote:Have you even bothered to try OBJconverter?
Nope, because there's no chunk cloner at the moment for adding nodes or markers. I could move them, but it would look cheesy when only a couple of guns work instead of all four, for instance. Also, I needed to make a new collision model so that you aren't perpetually crashing into things unconvincingly.

Object files are in my opinion the best to use, though, in the conversion process, so kudos to OBJconverter.

If you have suggestions on how to overcome these obstacles anyway, I'd like to use that process instead. The models I'm using can be converted to any format using MilkShape at the moment, so I'm kinda flexible.

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:38 am

do you even know what it can do?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Well, I've used it in the past, but most likely not. Please enlighten me, if you will.