[MOD] CMT Snow Grove For Trial/Demo

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Kayar
Delta Force

Re: [MOD] CMT Snow Grove For Trial/Demo

Post by Kayar » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Yeah, how about you don't insult everyone with the second post you've made on this board? Don't set yourself up as some superior asshole just because the map plays well.

We're modders. We mod. We make art, and we work hard at it. The art we make, we make with our own tools. We work with what we have. Very few of us have CE to work with, or this Halo Reloaded trial shit. You should have stopped with the word "trial." You are aware you're on a Mac board? Typical of a winblows creep to come in and act like he's the best of the best, I suppose. So, Mr. I-think-I-am-hot-shit, as I was saying. We don't bother with CE because we would rather push what Demo alone can do to the limits first. We would rather actually use a measure of skill, design, and hard work in what we create. Then again, I suppose what you've done here did take some measure of skill... for a CE import. We're not interested in making things purely for gameplay here. If we wanted that, then sure, we'd convert every CE map with decent gameplay we could get our hands on and ship them all over to Clandistrict for them to play around on, and our work would be done. But that's not what modding is about. In my opinion, that's just boring as hell. Personally, I want to continue feeling like a god creating things, doing whatever I want, not bending a knee to the CE mapmakers and playing by their rules. I mod because I want to create, because I want to make things that I can call my own.

And since when did any of our good maps have spawns outside the map? You get flamed by a few people, who you yourself say have "baseless logic" (why bother paying them any heed, then?) and you decide it's alright to talk shit about our work like that, saying it's not original or pro and making an ass of yourself. Get the fuck off. You aren't worth the shit I just flushed down the toilet five minutes ago.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Keep the flames down or everything will disappear.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:09 am

xprovidence wrote:
Sir Lumps wrote:Kill this topic. Its just spam. Mod doesn't work. Also the map name is "beaverment" or something like that. Obviously doesn't work on demo.
Juvenile baseless logic, you say it doesn’t work when you haven’t even tried it, gg.
Think before you speak. If I hadn't tried it, why would I say it?
Are you aware Halo Demo is for Mac? Halo Trail is for Windows. I plug'ed in the mod, opened Demo, and boomz, the application crashed. So don't just say its baseless logic.
Click!

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:33 am

xprovidence wrote:
dirk wrote:no, i mean why bother converting it?
Because the snow grove BSP is actually rather enjoyable (its balanced) and its rather great for scrims (something I’m sure you people don’t do).
In my experience, CE maps in Halo Demo are a one play, just-for-fun-and-it's-done affair; people seldom use them for serious game-play on this platform, or for that matter anything more than a quick run-around. But that aside, the reason for the flaming you received has to do with a bad history of CE content on MGM; conversions come across as a cheap way to get acclaim from other people's work. That's normally not taken well by people who work considerably harder using Demo-only material to produce good work.

Now, I've been nice to you. Don't make revert to how I'd normally answer this kind of post.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Ponzu
Operative

Post by Ponzu » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:41 pm

??? i remember the title for this whole forum is "mac" gaming mods
i am not sure what are you moaning about Mr xprovidence
Ponzu wrote:
actually, the question is, did this failtard even converted?

xprovidence wrote:
No, the actual question is what’s worse; your baseless logic or grammar?
my logic here for saying you didnt convert is basically because,
1, if you did convert, the name of the map will be changed to "bloodgulch", because pearl and QAR automatically do it for you. well i hope if you know what they are
2, my halo demo for mac crashed when i tried to play this map
3, when i open the map using eschaton 0.6 (or 6. i forgot) the thumbnail picture is an image of a lock. well again i hope you do understand what this means

tell me if you need more
Hi

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Ponzu wrote: 1, if you did convert, the name of the map will be changed to "bloodgulch", because pearl and QAR automatically do it for you. well i hope if you know what they are
Ponz, he's from trial, he doesn't need our apps, they have their own conversion stuff.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Ponzu
Operative

Post by Ponzu » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:26 am

ow really. sorry i didnt know that. and i am not being sarcastic here.
Hi

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu May 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Wow, I didn’t expect to be trolled on with my first post.
Well, what did you expect? It was your first post, so you don't have a reputation here. Your post basically describes a CE-modification thing, so that lowers people's expectations. It didn't help that you used a terrible web hosting site either, so some people would have not downloaded it anyway even if you did provide pictures. Not renaming the map too caused confusion and also proved that you obviously didn't test it on Halo Demo (not trial) before posting it.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri May 07, 2010 3:24 am

Welcome to MGM!
heh...

Anyway, it appears from your screenshots (thanks for those, by the way), that the weapons at least are not from CE. I mean, they look better than the CE tags released at hce.halomaps.org. These have more detail and are generally better.

Did you use the CE tags or did you modify them yourself afterwards? How did you modify those weapons/vehicles/the map?

Thanks also for offering use of the tags therein. We could convert the trial map to demo using our current tools. I'm not sure that anyone here has done that yet, but I'd like to remind us that it's likely possible and quite easy to do so.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.