002's Zombies - Version 3 - DEMO ONLY, DEAD, OLD, WRONG ONE

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Ranger

002's Zombies - Version 3 - DEMO ONLY, DEAD, OLD, WRONG ONE

Post by 002 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:13 pm

This project is dead. If you're looking for MD zombies, [strike]keep looking. Sorry.[/strike] it's right here ---> http://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopi ... 40&t=18582

--------------------------------

Primary Update: You can now modify the maximum health/shields of zombies, survivors, and last man.
Secondary Update: An automatic flag removal system.

You may tweak some of the settings by editing the Settings.py file located within the application. Just right click (or control click) on the application (in Finder) and select "Show Package Contents". Go to Contents -> Resources and open the Settings.py (should be highlighted in blue). When you first download the application, the settings will be default. If you want me to add another setting, ask, please. This is a good sized picture. Some monitors can't view it all at once: http://halodemomods.com/wiki/File:Tweaking_Settings.png

According to nil, you must have Leopard or better to run this contraption.

Version 3 (Extreme) Download: http://halodemomods.com/wiki/File:002s_ ... sion_3.zip
Version 2 (Universal) Download: http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:0 ... sion_2.zip
Version 1 (Zombies) Download: http://halodemomods.com/wiki/File:002s_Zombies.zip (PowerPC only)

Recommended gametype to make "Zombies" more extreme: http://halodemomods.com/wiki/File:Zombies_Gametype.zip
Version 3 of Zombies will now be packaged with this gametype.

Made using nil's scripting engine.

Version 3 is now extreme and has many more improvements.

• Zombies are faster.
  • If there are no zombies, a random person from red joins blue. If the zombies team is empty, the game will no longer stalemate. This rule takes effect seven seconds after you click "Start".
  • If a player were to not be on either red or blue, they will die.
  • Score is set to kill count in CTF. This was done to prevent bumping of the scores if someone were to score a flag. This is only a score screen modification. It won't affect gameplay :).
[/color]

Version 2 is Universal.

• Randomly picks a person at start by constantly picking a random player until it picks a living player.
  • Last Man
[/color]

Version 1 isn't named.
  • If a player dies, they join blue.
  • Randomly picks a player that has been in the game. This method is glitchy.
Since there's no visual modifications, I'll just post a picture of the debug log:

and the main window:

Memory Modifications:
  • 1-Second Respawn Time
  • A new gametype
  • (Version 3) Score is set to kill count. This is to show who's actually in first. If a player were to score, their score will not go up.
How to start:
  1. Open Halo Demo and then open this application. If you are not logged in under root, enter an administrator's name and password when prompt to do so. If you want to view a verbose output of what is happening without viewing it in Halo Demo, open the debug log by pressing Command+L.
  2. Start a team game. I recommend CTF.
  3. Click "start".
How do you play it?:
  • When the game starts, a random player will be picked to play as a zombie.
  • When a red player dies, a late joiner joins, or a player switches teams, their current team will be changed to blue.
  • When anyone dies, they will quickly respawn.
  • In version 2, at the end of the game, the player or players with the highest kill count becomes "Last Man" and gets an extra life. Version 1 does not have this.

A few things that you should remember when hosting this mod:
  • Running the application will only work on Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" or better.
  • This mod should work for almost all maps.
  • This mod is CSS. Clients do not need Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" or better. Only the host is required to have this mod.
  • If you are on an Intel Macintosh, it should be able to modify Halo Demo if Halo Demo is being emulated by Rosetta.
  • You need to play this mod in CTF. I did add FFA color changing, but playing this mod in FFA is very glitchy in version 3.
Last edited by 002 on Sat May 18, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 33 times in total.

Amy
Green Beret

Re: 002's Zombies (CSS Memory Hack)

Post by Amy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Awesome, this will be cool to play with maps like Epidemic...
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Zanghfei
Ranger

Post by Zanghfei » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:33 pm

This is PPC or leopard?

MAKE TIGER PLZZ Intel.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:43 pm

When Halo Color Tool first came out, we used to play Zombies like this, just a bit different. We would start a slayer game, have everyone but the zombie on one team (teams changed using HCT), change the zombie's color to green, and everyone else would be something like pink. Then, using HCL, change everyone's color to green, and team to zombie team. When they died, they'd be green and on the zombie team. Fun times.

002!

Post by 002! » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:09 pm

I'll add a color changer to this for free-for-all matches tomorrow.

Also, I do not know the system specifications for the application.

I live in the Central Standard time zone and it's late right now. Tomorrow, I'll add it.

Sven
SEAL

Re: 002's Zombies (CSS Memory Hack) - Now w/ FFA color chang

Post by Sven » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:39 pm

Thag says sexy.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:35 pm

Looks cool. Unfortunately I can't host games at the moment.
WARNING: Halo Demo has a memory leakage. Players that leave are still located within the memory until someone takes their place. This will cause the random-player picker to be off if someone leaves and nobody takes their place. If nobody joins the blue team, have someone kill themselves. Also, press Command-L to view to log to know who gets randomly picked. If it says that a player gets randomly picked but that player isn't in the game, have somebody kill themselves.
I think you can see if someone is alive (valid object ID). So I suppose don't randomly pick someone that's not alive (something like a while loop)? Also, I find it kind of weird you were reading the player's names using NATIVE_ENDIAN_BYTE_ORDER; I didn't think that'd be correct and work on intel machines.

Also, the app's requirements are 10.5 or later, which means Leopard PPC, Leopard Intel, and Snow Leopard Intel all work fine.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Ranger

Post by 002 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:07 pm

So, then:

0xFFFF is Dead
0x0000 is Null.

So, what if I use BOTH of them? That way, it'd ignore empty AND dead players.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:01 pm

002 wrote:So, then:

0xFFFF is Dead
0x0000 is Null.

So, what if I use BOTH of them? That way, it'd ignore empty AND dead players.
Yeah, ignore both :P. Or is that not an option? There might be something in the player structure to be able to tell if the player isn't in the game...but I'm not sure what.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Ranger

Re: 002's Zombies (CSS Memory Hack) - Version 3 - Extreme

Post by 002 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:31 am

The char value that tells if players are in game is not universal. Working on fix.

Looks like I'm stuck with checking if the object is dead or nonexistant.

EDIT: The hack is universal now.

EDIT #2: Extreme is now ready. Faster zombies makes the game more "extreme".

tokage
Ranger

Re: 002's Zombies (CSS Memory Hack) - Version 3 - Extreme

Post by tokage » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:37 am

This was fun. It works much better with a lot of people.

Ranger

Re: 002's Zombies - Version 3 - Might be final update

Post by 002 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:47 pm

It's better with five or more people.

EDIT: I have made a requested update. You can now have last man hold infinite ammo and have any team not have any ammo.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:04 pm

002 wrote:It's better with five or more people.

EDIT: I have made a requested update. You can now have last man hold infinite ammo and have any team not have any ammo.
so like zombies can only melee :D
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:07 pm

I have played servers like that :shock:

They are fun. But mem modding makes it MORE interesting.

Ranger

Re: 002's Zombies - Version 3 - Final Update (for now)

Post by 002 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:48 pm

Divine wrote: so like zombies can only melee :D
Yes, or make it interesting and have both teams not have any ammo.

EDIT: Final Update