Primary Update: You can now modify the maximum health/shields of zombies, survivors, and last man.
Secondary Update: An automatic flag removal system.
You may tweak some of the settings by editing the Settings.py file located within the application. Just right click (or control click) on the application (in Finder) and select "Show Package Contents". Go to Contents -> Resources and open the Settings.py (should be highlighted in blue). When you first download the application, the settings will be default. If you want me to add another setting, ask, please. This is a good sized picture. Some monitors can't view it all at once: http://halodemomods.com/wiki/File:Tweaking_Settings.png
According to nil, you must have Leopard or better to run this contraption.
Version 3 (Extreme) Download: http://halodemomods.com/wiki/File:002s_ ... sion_3.zip
Version 2 (Universal) Download: http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:0 ... sion_2.zip
Version 1 (Zombies) Download: http://halodemomods.com/wiki/File:002s_Zombies.zip (PowerPC only)
Recommended gametype to make "Zombies" more extreme: http://halodemomods.com/wiki/File:Zombies_Gametype.zip
Version 3 of Zombies will now be packaged with this gametype.
Made using nil's scripting engine.
Version 3 is now extreme and has many more improvements.
- Zombies are faster.
- If there are no zombies, a random person from red joins blue. If the zombies team is empty, the game will no longer stalemate. This rule takes effect seven seconds after you click "Start".
- If a player were to not be on either red or blue, they will die.
- Score is set to kill count in CTF. This was done to prevent bumping of the scores if someone were to score a flag. This is only a score screen modification. It won't affect gameplay .
Version 2 is Universal.
- Randomly picks a person at start by constantly picking a random player until it picks a living player.
- Last Man
Version 1 isn't named.
- If a player dies, they join blue.
- Randomly picks a player that has been in the game. This method is glitchy.
and the main window:
- 1-Second Respawn Time
- A new gametype
- (Version 3) Score is set to kill count. This is to show who's actually in first. If a player were to score, their score will not go up.
- Open Halo Demo and then open this application. If you are not logged in under root, enter an administrator's name and password when prompt to do so. If you want to view a verbose output of what is happening without viewing it in Halo Demo, open the debug log by pressing Command+L.
- Start a team game. I recommend CTF.
- Click "start".
- When the game starts, a random player will be picked to play as a zombie.
- When a red player dies, a late joiner joins, or a player switches teams, their current team will be changed to blue.
- When anyone dies, they will quickly respawn.
- In version 2, at the end of the game, the player or players with the highest kill count becomes "Last Man" and gets an extra life. Version 1 does not have this.
A few things that you should remember when hosting this mod:
- Running the application will only work on Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" or better.
- This mod should work for almost all maps.
- This mod is CSS. Clients do not need Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" or better. Only the host is required to have this mod.
- If you are on an Intel Macintosh, it should be able to modify Halo Demo if Halo Demo is being emulated by Rosetta.
- You need to play this mod in CTF. I did add FFA color changing, but playing this mod in FFA is very glitchy in version 3.