Telekinesis 1.0

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Samuco
Peon

Telekinesis 1.0

Post by Samuco » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:41 pm

(Yeah yeah It's spelt wrong throughout the application...)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?pfmfc9iev71hqy7

Instructions:

Note: I am not releasing the source code (the uncompiled .py file) due to code and memory offsets in the past being ripped from me and uncredited.
I also didn't do a final test before releasing this. It should work, but let me know if you have any problems.

CTF and Slayer only.

Nuthead_
Operative

Re: Telekinesis 1.0

Post by Nuthead_ » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:07 am

Awesome. We now have Magic cars!
:wink:

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:12 am

Wait? Are those actually the vehicles names? If they are, can you please tell us what is what.
And, does this mod work on different kinds of Slayer and CTF? Like Team Slayer or Assault (which is weird, because after Halo 2, Assault is with a bomb. But in CE it's CTF)?
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:57 pm

It's awesome what you're doing with memory modding. I was just gona say you might want to put all that text into a readme file or something rather than on the main window of the application. Also eventually we need to figure out a better structure than simply creating a bunch of different apps to carry out our memory mods. Maybe some sort of ultra app which can load memory mod plugins.

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:51 am

Double post for the sake of bump, occasionally the vehicles spawn back on top of me without summoning them.

Ponzu
Operative

Post by Ponzu » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:13 am

its not working on my computer lol
i have snowleopard 10.6.6
Hi

Samuco
Peon

Post by Samuco » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:49 pm

So do I ;)
Computer specs?

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:21 pm

Ponzu wrote:its not working on my computer lol
i have snowleopard 10.6.6
Even though Sam has 10.6.6, get 10.6.7 broski.
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Really cool concept. I was playing around it for a bit. Kind of buggy though, I had the app crash a couple of times - there's a ton of no NSAutoreleasePool set up leak messages printed out in standard output. Even when the program crashed, the vehicle I had linked was still linked. Magic hackery.

Not showing the source to the python file is your choice I guess. Technically, that's fine, but I think the source of the app needs to be released if anyone requests it (if there were any changes), but you don't need to release the source of the python file(s) you wrote, since only the binary has GPL'ed code attached to it.

@zapconquest: There's advantages and disadvantages to both approaches. Right now, it's in a way, such that you can create a trainer for any game, and the trainer will look like it's made by whoever made it (with an about window, get info strings, you can even supply your own application icon, etc). You can also customize a specific trainer how you want (like, add a button for example) if you're knowledgeable enough - like Samuco does with some of his memory mods. In good practice, "read me's" should be supplemental and seldom necessary.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Samuco_

Post by Samuco_ » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:21 pm

nil wrote:Really cool concept. I was playing around it for a bit. Kind of buggy though, I had the app crash a couple of times - there's a ton of no NSAutoreleasePool set up leak messages printed out in standard output. Even when the program crashed, the vehicle I had linked was still linked. Magic hackery.
Heh, I know ;) The whole mod is a complete hack.
nil wrote: Not showing the source to the python file is your choice I guess. Technically, that's fine, but I think the source of the app needs to be released if anyone requests it (if there were any changes), but you don't need to release the source of the python file(s) you wrote, since only the binary has GPL'ed code attached to it.
I can't remember modifying the binary (except the UI). Most of the code is in the python scripts (specifically Halo.py)

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Can you do this with spawned bipeds, too? It would be awesome to have a doppleganger! Hahaha.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Samuco_

Post by Samuco_ » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Sparky wrote:Can you do this with spawned bipeds, too? It would be awesome to have a doppleganger! Hahaha.
Yes.