[MOD] Halo 4 CSS

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

[MOD] Halo 4 CSS

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:01 pm

This is Halo 4 CSS

An attempt to make an exact replica of Halo 4 weapons and gameplay in CSS. Almost all the weapons has changed. All the weapon spawns are now random, which of course is random ordinance drops from Halo 4. The only vehicles are ghosts, and the spawning weapons are the Battle Rifle and the Halo 4 Pistol.

A Halo Demo friend of mine was trying to come up of with Halo 4 weapons in Halo Demo. It was his idea. The hardest part was to make it CSS! So I tried and tried. Finally I came up with this mod. I give some credit to my friend, his name is Darth Vader.

Changes

* The Flamethrower is a prototype of the Gravity Hammer.
* The Assault Rifle is now the Battle Rifle.
* The Halo 1 Pistol is now the Halo 4 Pistol
* The Plasma Pistol is now a Sticky Detonator prototype. To detonate the projectile press the grenade button, but you must be aiming at the projectile and at the line of sight. Next version will probably make an exact replica of it in Halo 4.
* The Plasma Rifle is now the Energy Sword, with a little tweak that when you shoot it the player gets an Overshield and speed boost. It's kind of like the Flood. ;)
* The Plasma Cannon (Fuel Rod Gun) is now the Spartan Laser. There is a bug though, which will be fixed in the next version.
* The Rocket Launcher is now an Incineration Cannon prototype.
* The Shotgun is now the Scattershot.
* The Sniper Rifle is now the Binary Rifle. (INSTA-KILL!)

This mod is of course CSS. Except you need the mod to see some visual changes to the weapons and other stuff. There is no weapon models so don't get too excited.

Download and Information (This link is for Halo Demo PPC)

For the HaloMD mod, here it is http://halomd.macgamingmods.com/mods/halo4css_1.zip
or just go to Install Mods on HaloMD, and select Halo 4 CSS.

Halo 4 next version is getting in progress, which will be better and will make you have a full experience of Halo 4.
In the future it will be in another topic.

Enjoy the mod!
Last edited by rEsTnPeAcEz on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: [MOD] Halo 4 CSS

Post by nil » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:44 pm

I of course encourage you to port it to MD, otherwise you'll only be limiting your audience. (it still surprises me they haven't shut down the demo lobby). If that's a problem, this thread may help. Also keep in mind HDM's mediawiki is going to shut down and is only up temporarily.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Don't have MD nor Halo Full and I thought Sparky was going to change the web hosting server for HDM to Blam Dev.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:58 pm

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:Don't have MD nor Halo Full and I thought Sparky was going to change the web hosting server for HDM to Blam Dev.
I can help you on that. I'll send you a PM. Also, I am pretty sure Sparky is planning to shut down HDM's mediawiki.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:16 am

There is no one to play the mod if it's not on MD.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:41 am

I see. Me too I'm surprised that Halo Demo server didn't shut down yet. It's amazing how HaloMD got so many players already.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Since I have HaloMD now and people say that there is no point for CSS mods and I also want people to enjoy playing mods without problems, I decided to make a CSS No version of this mod for HaloMD and put it in the database.
It will be the same concept of the mod; Halo 4 replica, but with weapons models, an exact replica, bitmap changes, and maybe a Halo 4 based level.

SAS

Post by SAS » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:49 am

will it have halo 4 master chief?

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:13 pm

Yes, it will have have Halo 4 MasterChief.
One weapon that will not be put in the mod is the Light Rifle, because it has the properties of when you zoom in there will be a damage boost of the hardlight bullet. Halo 1 does not have these properties. I will still try for you people.

The human sniper rifle might not have bloom like in Halo 4, but I will try to look into it.

SAS

Post by SAS » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:11 pm

You are better than I, for I have been unable to rig halo 4's mc model to actually work in halo so far. I am excited for this

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:53 pm

I'm still deciding if I should use the SBSP from Bloodgulch or from another map, such as Wizard from Halo Full or if I am willing to make a custom SBSP, (but it might not be my standard yet) ... Whatever I am going to probably usr the level from Wizard.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:31 pm

I decided to use the SBSP of bloodgulch. Also, different versions of this mod will have different SBSPs that has some kind of related design to Halo 4's maps.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:48 pm

I am also putting custom sounds into the mod. The background music will be songs from the Halo 4 Original Soundtrack, the vehicles in the mod will have radios. Songs and parodies that we're made for Halo 4, such as Spartan Style (a parody of Gangnam Style) by TeamHeadKick. I will try to implimate some custom weapon firing and reloading sounds from Halo 4 and also some explosion sounds. All of this and even more things that is too much to say is going to make this mod a precise replica of Halo 4 gameplay and contents.

SAS

Post by SAS » Wed May 01, 2013 7:52 am

rEsTnPeAcEz wrote:I am also putting custom sounds into the mod. The background music will be songs from the Halo 4 Original Soundtrack, the vehicles in the mod will have radios. Songs and parodies that we're made for Halo 4, such as Spartan Style (a parody of Gangnam Style) by TeamHeadKick. I will try to implimate some custom weapon firing and reloading sounds from Halo 4 and also some explosion sounds. All of this and even more things that is too much to say is going to make this mod a precise replica of Halo 4 gameplay and contents.
I can help with the weapon sounds if you need

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Wed May 01, 2013 12:23 pm

Sure.