Revolutionary War

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

ThePolice

Revolutionary War

Post by ThePolice » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Revolutionary War
The revolution has begun. The Redcoats and the Yankees battle it out with muskets and cannons in an isolated part of bloodgulch.

The musket shoots a ball that is a one shot kill, although you have a chance of surviving a hit.
The cannon shoots a ball that kills within a certain radius of where it lands.

This was a mod I made along time ago and I just felt like remaking it.
Here are some before and after pics:

Before:
After:

Before:
After:

Anyway I hope you enjoy the mod. Please feel free to leave any feedback!

Download: http://halomd.macgamingmods.com/mods/revolution_1.zip

HandofGod
Peon

Re: Revolutionary War

Post by HandofGod » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:10 am

Nice job! Played a little on atomical's server last night and it was pretty smooth gameplay wise. Only suggestion from me would be to change the turret which acts as the cannon. I will look into it but I believe there are some alternatives that might be on Custom Edition.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:18 pm

I actually went to boot up Halo again because I saw a lot of people playing this mod on the lobby.

It's a great mod! I really like the reflex/cover idea & war theme to it. My team barely won 3-2 :).
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

atomical

Post by atomical » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:42 pm

George Washington forever! This mod is great. I like hiding behind logs and shooting people.

ThePolice

Post by ThePolice » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:16 pm

HandofGod wrote:Nice job! Played a little on atomical's server last night and it was pretty smooth gameplay wise. Only suggestion from me would be to change the turret which acts as the cannon. I will look into it but I believe there are some alternatives that might be on Custom Edition.
Thanks. Yea I didn't really look into it that much but I was wondering if there was like a cannon that someone made on CE.

nil wrote:I actually went to boot up Halo again because I saw a lot of people playing this mod on the lobby.

It's a great mod! I really like the reflex/cover idea & war theme to it. My team barely won 3-2 :).
lol nice KD bob. Yea when I used to host this mod way back when people always though it was really fun.

atomical wrote:George Washington forever! This mod is great. I like hiding behind logs and shooting people.
Yea I like hiding behind stuff too and crouching alot. I've seen you on a couple times hiding behind rocks and stuff. Btw I usually go by the name A Gunfight.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:42 pm

This mod is actually pretty well balanced. Lots of fun with many people.

I'd love to see some corridor/dense tree fighting/hiding areas, and a bayonet or knife to go along with it (probably as a second weapon).

I'm having some issues with the particle life of the musket bullet, they tend to collect and float in midair.

ThePolice

Post by ThePolice » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Modzy wrote:This mod is actually pretty well balanced. Lots of fun with many people.

I'd love to see some corridor/dense tree fighting/hiding areas, and a bayonet or knife to go along with it (probably as a second weapon).

I'm having some issues with the particle life of the musket bullet, they tend to collect and float in midair.
Thanks for the feedback.

The only problem with having too dense of a forest would be that the cannon doesn't have good lines of sight. But I could possibly make a corridor off to the side as an alternate route.

It would be awesome to have a bayonet on the musket and a cool stabbing animation but thats definitely not something I can do on my own. Or even a sabre as a secondary would be really cool too.

So once you get hit by a musket ball the projectile stays there for 90 seconds. I made it like that because if you survive being shot the ball sticks to you and it looks funny. But since this mod is kinda fast pased it probably won't matter if it sticks to you or not so maybe I could just change it to 0 seconds. Also I don't know what is causing the balls to float in the air. It seems like if you get shot in the upper body they float and if you get shot in the legs the projectiles immediatly drop the the ground. But I'm pretty sure that changing it from 90 to 0 will fix that problem. The same thing can happen if you hit someone directly with the cannon ball.