Project Lumoria, a Custom Campaign - Mac Edition (FULL RELEASE)

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

ItsMeAustin

Project Lumoria, a Custom Campaign - Mac Edition (FULL RELEASE)

Post by ItsMeAustin » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:44 am

"Embark on a journey that brings you to the Forerunner world of Lumoria. When a scientific research crew sends out a beacon of distress, the UNSC frigate "The Endless Horizon", a frigate class ship, is sent in to execute a low-profile search and rescue operation. On board is May, a female SPARTAN II super soldier. Bred for combat, built for war. Along her side are a hardy group of higly trained ODSTs, lead by Gunnery Sergeant Brandon Keiffer. Drop in behind enemy lines and extract any remaining survivors as you race to uncover the secrets of Lumoria." - Official Lumoria Description by TM Mapping Team

"Excellent" - Halomaps.org

"Looks a hell of alot like Halo" - Rock Paper Shotgun.com

"Lumoria, it basically defines f**k, 9.1/10" - Stormundblackbird

In 2010, a custom campaign level for CE know as "Lumoria Episode 1" by the TM Mapping Team found its way onto Halomaps.org and was quickly met with praise for it's fun encounters, use of real voice actors, great level design and overall feeling like something Bungie would've made for the original game. A second Episode (split into 3 parts) was then released in 2012 and continues to earn its praise as being one of the best mods ever made for the game.

And now, my goal is to bring the lumoria experience to the mac for MD players to enjoy. When I learned that the program Pearl was also capable of converting single player levels, my mind went wild thinking of the possibilities. However, there is a catch. Unfortunately only older versions of Lumoria A (episode one) and Lumoria D (episode 2 part 3) are fully playable to the end. The most recent version of Lumoria A and all other levels besides D use what appears to be a custom Hunter model and when these attempt to attack, the game will crash, preventing you from completing the level.

And this is were the tricky part begins, I have theorized that if I can somehow remove the hunter tags from the map file, I might be able to prevent these crashes. The thing is having no experience in modding, I am not sure how I am supposed to approach this. Suggestions would be very appreciated.

Anyway I think I have blabed on for long enough, I'm going to leave the download link for A (episode 1, an older version that shouldn't crash during the Hunter encounter) for you here as well as several images and videos to give you guys an idea of what to expect from these well crafted levels.

My own short gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2U6SY ... e=youtu.be

Lumoria Episode 1 Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEZ6XPpqrZI

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/j87z7 ... _1.map.zip

How to run:
1. After you have downloaded the .zip file, open it.
2. Drag the .map file onto your desktop.
3. Open the HaloMD server list, HaloMD > Mods > Reveal Mods in Finder
4. Drag the .map file into the mod folder
5. When you start MD and enter the main menu, press the ~ key (it is left of "1"), this brings up devmode which you need to use to start the map. Type "map_name tmcafixe_1", hit "Enter" and the level will start.
6. When the level finishes, you need to exit to the main menu as you will not be able to use the pause button. So use the "up" or "down" arrow keys to the bring up the command you previously used to start the level, hitting enter will send you back to the last checkpoint, that way you'll be able to use the pause menu to go back to the main menu.

Have fun!
Last edited by ItsMeAustin on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Project Lumoria - Mac Edition (Release but mostly WIP)

Post by nil » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:42 pm

Neat. I was always intrigued by the Lumoria maps. I had bugged Modzy and 002 way long ago to see if they could get the maps working but I don't remember if anything came out of that. Maybe they'll have something to say. Good job on pinpointing it was an issue with the hunters.

Also did not know about the map_name command before; seems to be quite useful..
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:07 pm

nil wrote:Neat. I was always intrigued by the Lumoria maps. I had bugged Modzy and 002 way long ago to see if they could get the maps working but I don't remember if anything came out of that. Maybe they'll have something to say. Good job on pinpointing it was an issue with the hunters.

Also did not know about the map_name command before; seems to be quite useful..
Thanks, I have recently discovered the Hunters (In the latest updated version of Ep1 and onwards) do indeed use a custom model and shaders, which are most likely too much for MD to handle, thus crashing the game. I decided to only release A because of this, plus to also have them release in chronological order if this is successful and/or receives a decent amount of reception. Thanks for taking notice.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:22 pm

Converted these a while back when nil bugged me. There was issues with the Hunters and some scripts. The scripts, I believe, could not be correctly executed by MD. Or Pearl may have done something to them that broke them. The models also have custom collision mesh, and Pearl doesn't seem to play well with it, thus the crashing due to Pearl breaking the collision.

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:01 am

Modzy wrote:Converted these a while back when nil bugged me. There was issues with the Hunters and some scripts. The scripts, I believe, could not be correctly executed by MD. Or Pearl may have done something to them that broke them. The models also have custom collision mesh, and Pearl doesn't seem to play well with it, thus the crashing due to Pearl breaking the collision.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out. The version I uploaded here was "Lumoria Episode 1 Updated" from 2011, I also converted the OG version of Ep 1 from 2010, both work completely fine for me so I assume this is only in the 2012 version. BTW, Lumoria D also works completely fine if you wanted to know.

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:42 pm

Please Read this:
If anyone here has access to the Halo Editing Kit and it's programs, please PM me if you are able to modify the map files of Lumoria A (The 2012 version), B and C and see if you can remove the Hunters from all of the maps. They seem to be the source of the problem with the Lumoria maps. If it isn't possible I might just release the maps as they are, they would be playable until the Hunters spawn so if this was to happen I would hope you would have fun until those points, keep in mind D still works perfectly fine for me and aside from some lag it works fine.

I am also working on "Lumoria: The Complete Soundtrack", a video series that will basically compile all of the music tracks from each level into they're own videos. I will be using my own gameplay footage and footage of others playing the maps as references to make sure I get the music to flow in a realistic fashion. The only music track I haven't identified is a track that plays during the opening text of the 2012 version of A, if anyone could identify this piece, it would be very helpful.

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:57 am

LUMORIA A (EPISODE 1) FINAL RELEASE

Thanks to ThePolice, the final version of Lumoria A is now ready for release for the MD community

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/io2yy ... _1.map.zip

Changes from previous version:
* Opening Cutscene has been replaced by a text sequence explaining the discovery of Lumoria and the start of the Human-Covenant War
* Sgt Brandon and all other ODSTs now have their Halo 3 bipeds instead of their Halo 2 ones
* Minor and not-so-minor fixes and additions to cutscenes
* Final encounter has new music (New Divide Instrumental - Linkin Park)
* Hunters are replaced with Major Elites with swords
* A terminal explaining the backstory of Lumoria has been added (works like the Halo 3 ones, others are also found in the other levels)

To launch the level, press the ~ key and type "map_name lumoria_a_1"

LUMORIA B, C AND D RELEASE

And now we are ready to release the final parts of the Lumoria Campaign. Special thanks to ThePolice again for fixing problems with the levels that would otherwise make this impossible.

After rescuing the scientist in the previous level, the UNSC has discovered that Lumoria is not just another planet, but a Forerunner creation designed to catalogue all celestrial objects in the entire Milky Way Galaxy, including Earth. You're mission is to find the archive of this information and delete all human worlds from it.

Trailer:

Lumoria B Download:http://www.mediafire.com/download/01738 ... _1.map.zip
Use "map_name lumoria_b_1" to start

Lumoria C Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nz5fr ... _1.map.zip
Use "map_name lumoria_c_1" to start

Lumoria D Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/uo9iy ... _1.map.zip
Use "map_name lumoriad_1" to start

Notes:
* You will most likely experience lag in the larger BSPs, there isn't alot you can do about that beside maybe lowering sound/texture quality and freeing up space on your hard drive. If you do get lag, you'll just have to deal with it.
* If you have any FOV increasing extensions installed, expect a surprise at the end of Lumoria D.
* There is some delay in audio during the last cutscene in Lumoria D
* If you're wondering, the end credits song is "Halo" by Linkin Park, check it out.

Very special thanks to the TM Mapping Team for making the original campaign and those who helped them with Lumoria back in 2010-'12. And thanks to ThePolice who helped me with the conversion problems. Enjoy.

HandofGod
Peon

Re: Project Lumoria, a Custom Campaign - Mac Edition (FULL RELEASE)

Post by HandofGod » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:03 pm

Nice work, I thought the Lumoria campaign was well done overall. I just don't know if this thread will get the attention it deserves as not many MD players really come on this forum anymore. If only there was a way to give news like this to players on Halo MD... perhaps nil could add on an announcements banner at the bottom of the Halo MD lobby in some future version of Halo MD?

ItsMeAustin

Post by ItsMeAustin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:11 pm

HandofGod wrote:Nice work, I thought the Lumoria campaign was well done overall. I just don't know if this thread will get the attention it deserves as not many MD players really come on this forum anymore. If only there was a way to give news like this to players on Halo MD... perhaps nil could add on an announcements banner at the bottom of the Halo MD lobby in some future version of Halo MD?
Another way be would to just spam servers with adds for Lumoria :P. But in all seriousness, I think maybe getting dedicated servers to advertise this site with those automated server message thingys might be a good way to start. If anyone's interested, I could also convert the Geomar MP Map that's based on Lumoria that was made by Higuy, the Project Lead of the campaign himself.

Some vids of it:

Also, there should be a server dedicated to Custom Edition maps, OTHER than bigass because too many people play that lol

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:27 pm

I agree with your suggestion for another dedi server for other maps besides Bigass. And Geomar is awesome but I was reluctant to import that over to MD because I thought people would be interested in it for a few days/weeks and then lose interest like they do with so many other maps from Custom Edition. I was thinking of submitting H3 Foundry and maybe a CE version of Powerhouse to nil instead but idk if you had any other ideas.