Sparky's Eschaton Plugins 4.1 (made for Eschaton 0.8.1.1)

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
Modzy
Green Beret

Re: Sparky's Eschaton Plugins EPIC 3.0 VERSION RELEASE!!!

Post by Modzy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Sparky wrote:I think it would be neat as a palette window off to the side that can be toggled from the Window menu. It would need to update when an item in the main window is clicked.
That was my original plan. I didn't do it for a few reason, but I'm thinking of implementing it.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Editing controls without space, like bitmasks, will use the info button. Info window is now a floating window.
Last edited by Modzy on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:37 pm

0_o
melikes
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Modzy wrote:*Image*

Editing controls without space, like bitmasks, will use the info button. Info window is now a floating window.
Sex. that is all.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:24 pm

[darthvader]Impressive. Most impressive...[/darthvader]
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:07 pm

[Mota]NICE![/mota]
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:27 pm

I had to update some plugins, such as the bitm plugin. While making these plugins, I got better and better at doing it, so I am going back over my work and revising anything that seems like I didn't know what it was at the time. This should guarantee that the plugins don't make Eschaton crash, unless there is something flawed with the map it's analyzing.

You'll see the improvements with the release of Eschaton 0.8.1.1 and my default and experimental plugin sets, version 4.0.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:40 am

please include fuel's plugins for weapons and starter plugins cuz their needed. fuels has that weapon thing you forgot. and starter cuz its easier to find things

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:25 pm

what did i forget?

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:32 am

i pm'd you

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:53 pm

I replied, and we discussed. The info for Weapon User Ability is actually the "Label" for the weapon, and should be a string32 value, rather than an enum16. However, since you requested it, I've made an enum32 that works properly to identify all the Halo 1 weapons:

The last value in parenthesis is the appropriate string32 value, which I also left for you to modify manually, if you want. Since enum32 only modifies the first 4 bytes, I was able not able to distinguish between all the specific vehicles, for example, which contained some unique but stray letters not even displayed in Guerilla. (Typically, each string32 is only actually the first two letters, but there are uniquely identifying letters after that visible in Eschaton and in the Hex code.) I was, however, able to distinguish between the AR and the Sentinel Beam, so that should help there - you can see I only wrote the first two letters, though. If Eschaton ever parses the string32 values correctly, it will help for me to include the entire string32 text value. But until then, I only included the first two letters. I don't even know if the rest matters.

Let me know if the names are too long for you, for legibility purposes. I was using the Halo Encyclopedia as a reference. The Halo Encyclopedia book doesn't mention the Flag or Ball used in multiplayer games :( so I had to just use the regular names, nothing special there.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:28 pm

well, that seems a LITTLE crowded. anyway, i like the sentinel/ar because sentinels can use them, yeah... user ability. whatever cool thanks sparky

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Sparky's Eschaton Plugins 4.0 (Eschaton 0.8.1.1)

Post by Sparky » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:46 am

4.0 Release

4.0 includes three different plugin sets: default scrolling, default, and experimental. These are meant to be used with Eschaton 0.8.1.1 by Modzy. (Modzy will release this in his own time.)

Read the included ReadMe file for more information:
Welcome to Sparky's Eschaton Plugins!

These plugins were created between June and August of 2010 and are the product of many days of work. Everything was hand-coded, of course, although I reused data where I could to promote efficiency and consistency.

If you find any errors whatsoever, including spelling mistakes, please inform me at my e-mail address shown at the bottom of this file. In regards to spelling, I corrected any spelling mistakes that were present in the original HEK application, Guerilla, during the transcription process. I also used full text instead of abbreviations; for example, I wrote Multiplayer instead of MP and Split-Screen instead of Splitscreen, which is more dictionary-friendly. I was wary of scripting nomenclature, however, so I avoided respelling and (I think) even capitalizing terms used by scripts, so that you would be able to recognize them as script-related terms where they appeared.

Thank you for using these plugins. If you want the fastest access to them while modding, please drag them to the top of your plugin list in Eschaton's Preferences window so that they will appear first when clicking on a tag.

For more information, you may read the MGM forum topic I used while making them: sparky's plugins

Sparky
Sparky@halodemo.net
August 15, 2010

These plugins were finished in version 3.0 as of Friday, August 20, 2010 at 1:15 AM.
These plugins were finished in version 4.0 as of Monday, September 20, 2010 at 1:31 PM.

---

Eschaton 0.8.1.1
by Modzy and Sparky

I was fortunate to be able to collaborate with Modzy in the development of this version. If you like, you can read our initial discussion while he worked on the application and I worked on the plugins.

Version 4.0 of the plugins is included as the default plugin set for this version of Eschaton. There are two available plugin types, "default" and "experimental".

The "experimental" plugins include many of the values that are not accounted-for in the Halo Editing Kit's Guerilla application. These values may or may not be of interest to you, and some may actually crash your map file. Since these can be volatile values, they are labeled saliently as "EXPERIMENTAL".

The "default" plugins include all the verified values that represent a complete mapping of tag information that Eschaton can use at this point in its development. All the tag information included in Guerilla is included in these plugins; the exception to this is that Eschaton does not currently allow references to information in the map data outside the area where the tag data is located, at least as far as an organized approach is concerned. Therefore, tag types like mod2, coll and sbsp may not have all their model data information available in the meta data location. In situations where any such information was unstable or unusable, it was removed from the "default" plugins and remains in the "experimental" plugins.

Eschaton currently has issues with Index values, and also particularly with its scrolling controls layout, so I made an additional plugin set called "default scrolling" that lets you safely use every tag type with the scrolling controls in Eschaton. I tested every Halo Full tag type with the scrolling controls, so you should be alright. However, if you are using scrolling controls while viewing either coll, effe or weap tag types and then switch to another plugin set, Eschaton will crash with an exception error message window. This is because Eschaton 0.8.1 / 0.8.2 doesn't handle the Index data type properly in scrolling controls view. You may, of course, switch to classic controls view and then use the normal "default" or "experimental" plugin sets.

I therefore recommend that you organize your plugin set priorities in the following order under Eschaton Preferences:

default scrolling
experimental

This will ensure that you can use the Scrolling controls if you so desire. Remember that if you want to use Index types in the coll, effe, or weap tag types (under Eschaton 0.8.1, 0.8.1.1 or 0.8.2), you can switch to classic controls under Preferences and then select the "Default" or "Experimental" plugins. Unfortunately, these versions of Eschaton do not let you switch the values for Index chunks, so all you can do then is read the entry's offset, copy the Hex offset, and use another Hex editor application to go to that offset location, then change the value from that other Hex program. I recommend that you don't try this the first time on a delicate map project, but REMEMBER TO MAKE BACKUPS (thanks, Kayar ☺) and then modify the chunk value as you like:

FF = None Selected
00 = Chunk 1
01 = Chunk 2
03 = Chunk 4

0A = Chunk 11
…and so on.

Another snafu here is that Eschaton may crash if it tries to modify a map file while that map file is opened with another Hex Editor program, so close the map from the Hex Editor's end before trying to have Eschaton make changes to it. You can, however, make changes to the map from the Hex Editor's side and then see the value updated in Eschaton when the view is refreshed.

Thank you again for using what the MGM community has worked so hard to improve. If you have any questions, you may contact me via my e-mail address below or at the MGM forum.

Sparky
Sparky@halodemo.net
September 5 - 20, 2010

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Sparky's Eschaton Plugins 4.1 (made for Eschaton 0.8.1.1

Post by Sparky » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:01 am

4.1 Release. Modzy, please bundle 4.1 with Eschaton 0.8.1.1.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Sparky's Eschaton Plugins 4.1 (made for Eschaton 0.8.1.1

Post by Sparky » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:17 am

After further investigation for Zeus, I discovered that there is no supported information for the spheroid (boom) tag type; it is entirely blank. I misinterpreted the information I saw in Guerilla's hex data for that tag. Guerilla merely outputs four bytes of zero for the tag data which has no obvious use. Zeus will still be able to open and edit that tag type, but it will merely be four unused bytes of zero that you're editing. Happy experimenting! And the spheroid (boom) tag type in Sparky's Plugins is incorrect as far as the values there, which are actually from the Shader.Render Direction Source enum16 field in the weather_particle_system (rain) tag type. The spheroid tag has no values in Guerilla and probably is not used by the game engine at all... maybe we can take a poetic meaning of "boom" and say that if you import it into a map and reference it, it's like a placeholder (plac) tag, but explodes the map. LOL.

Also, I'd like to mention that the device tag is "devi" and the input device defaults tag is "devc", which I wrote in error in the original post.

So Sparky's Plugins is wrong for the boom tag type; that tag type has no presently known use.