MDRenamer - Make Mods for HaloMD!

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Port Your Mods to HaloMD!

Post by nil » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:01 pm

I have updated MDRenamer.

It will now fix the ustr's in the map file to your mod, "Crossing", "Barrier", "Random", and modify the map description's for them as well. I think it's in a pretty good state to use now.

[EDIT]: Uploaded new version with some minor tweaks since I made this post.
Last edited by nil on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:07 am

Cool, thanks nil! I'll check my old HD to see what mods I have left. I'll check my PPC some other time.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:46 pm

If you are porting mods from CE, full, or from demo, after you convert the mod to a full version mod, you may need to open and expand the map in Eschaton, and rebuild it. This fixes many maps that may not work on Halo PC or Halo PC dedicated software. Although, this may not work if the map is protected.

[EDIT]: This is fixed in latest version of Pearl, no longer need to rebuild in Eschaton.

Also, I am thinking about adding custom edition ported mods onto the database. Full version maps weren't added due to illegal matters, however this is, I think more fine. A large portion of the original demo database has also been lost, which is another issue not helping. I feel at this point, this is realistically, the only way to start adding more playable maps to MD.
Last edited by nil on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: MDRenamer - Make Mods for HaloMD!

Post by nil » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:27 pm

Mgal and I added and ported some mods recently to the database:

The Island
Blizzard
Acrophobia
Bloodgulch - Alternate Universe
Hell Gulch
MGM Weaponry Collab
Satellite
The Volcano
Shaft KW

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:51 pm

nil, shouldn't this topic be in the Modding Programs subforum?

Also you said something that prompts me to further consider an idea that would have otherwise been implemented in Zeus, but that I think you could develop into a standalone program, since it would seem you are fond of standalone program workflows. The idea is to develop a Tag Renamer. I'm sure this concept has been thought about at least ever since map protecting and probably since we first saw tag names in hex code viewers. I'll start another topic for this. EDIT: Nevermind. I don't have any incentive to share ideas here anymore.

MGM Weaponry Collab is protected. How does that fit in with your workflow of rebuilding maps with Eschaton? Al Capwn has the unprotected version, and I have some pre-release versions.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:54 pm

I have updated MDRenamer fixing a crash on launch that could have occurred for 10.5 users.
Sparky wrote:nil, shouldn't this topic be in the Modding Programs subforum?
I guess so. When I first created this thread, it wasn't just about MDRenamer although I have edited my first post to reflect that.
Sparky wrote:MGM Weaponry Collab is protected. How does that fit in with your workflow of rebuilding maps with Eschaton? Al Capwn has the unprotected version, and I have some pre-release versions.
Well, I had accidentally released a prerelease version of the collab on the database not knowing this. Modzy is working on updating Pearl so that we won't have to use Eschaton, and it will be able to handle protected maps like the collab.

a bullet

Post by a bullet » Thu May 02, 2013 3:59 pm

Heyall
Could I get some help with this? I've been wanting to convert my claustrophobia mod to MD considering there's some bug where I can't host servers on regular Halo Demo, and i want to make the mod more accessible anyway. As far as I know is this tool only able to convert Full mods to MD? Whenever I add my map it says "this is not a full map file" or whatever. Then I try to convert my demo mod to full using Harbinger and get an out-of-bounds exception.

I feel pretty lost here.
Whenever I see Nuthead's avatar all I can see is a sad, abandoned cigarette butt that is forced to spend the holidays all alone in the cold.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Thu May 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Weird, because Claustrophobia is already in the MD Database and I tried it... Also dont you have to use Demo Hack to convert? And by the way, Pearl converts Demo PPC maps to MD maps.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu May 02, 2013 7:21 pm

a bullet wrote:Heyall
Could I get some help with this? I've been wanting to convert my claustrophobia mod to MD considering there's some bug where I can't host servers on regular Halo Demo, and i want to make the mod more accessible anyway. As far as I know is this tool only able to convert Full mods to MD? Whenever I add my map it says "this is not a full map file" or whatever. Then I try to convert my demo mod to full using Harbinger and get an out-of-bounds exception.

I feel pretty lost here.
MDRenamer just does the formatting for the map to be used in MD. Pearl is what you want to use for converting.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu May 02, 2013 9:05 pm

a bullet wrote:Heyall

I feel pretty lost here.
Whoops. I forget who, but someone converted it to MD and it's already on the database =P. Check it out in the MD application yourself (Mods -> Install Mod -> Claustrophobia in menubar or grab the map directly).

MDRenamer is used for MD formatting.
Pearl can do both conversion (demo -> MD) and MD formatting (to some extent).

a bullet

Post by a bullet » Fri May 03, 2013 6:53 am

Oh sweet! I have no problem with that. The weapons spawn vertically though, and the plasma rifle/pistol shaders are much darker. Not really that big of a deal, as the game still plays like I meant it to.
Whenever I see Nuthead's avatar all I can see is a sad, abandoned cigarette butt that is forced to spend the holidays all alone in the cold.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun May 05, 2013 12:37 pm

a bullet wrote:Oh sweet! I have no problem with that. The weapons spawn vertically though, and the plasma rifle/pistol shaders are much darker. Not really that big of a deal, as the game still plays like I meant it to.
Feel free to make an update if you like. I'd also look into making your mod smaller-sized. It's probably unnecessarily big.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Updated initial post to reflect MDRenamer update 002 wrote. Basically, there's no need for ustr changes anymore, and there's no need for supplying a "Mod name" (short name is still necessary).