Zeus

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Zeus

Post by Sparky » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:47 am

Source code is on the first post now.

http://www.blamdevcom.net/zeus/Zeus_source.zip

You may:

- build an application
- mess with the code
- make suggestions for improvement

You may not:

- take credit for my work
- take any code from this for developing some sort of competitive application (why not just suggest improvements instead and offer to help or do a separate version of it when I'm done with it?)

You must:

- wait until I'm done with it before adding anything to it; however, you can show me what improvements you would do either in this topic or in the BDCN project I'll start for it (at http://www.blamdevcom.net/projects)
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Took a break for a few days, probably back at it again July 12th.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:29 pm

I've continued the reverse engineering process that will let me develop Zeus to support jms and obj 3d model formats for use with sbsp and gbx model tags. In other words, you will be able to:

- convert between jms and obj model formats
- convert jms and obj model files to sbsp and gearbox model tags
- check to make sure a collision model conforms to the sealed world rules
- save sbsp and gearbox model tags to jms and obj formats

So basically, you can build your halo level terrain and models in wings3d or blender, export it to obj format, and convert the obj file to an sbsp tag in Zeus. From there, you can build it into a new or existing map or save it into Eschaton meta format, etc.

You can also use 3ds max or any other modeling program to do the modeling of a level or 3d object, export it into obj format, convert the obj file to jms in Zeus, and use the HEK to do the rest. This will effectively be a replacement for the bluestreak jms exporter and will be compatible with any obj file, and you can of course use the model data as sbsp or gearbox model data in Zeus once Zeus supports map files.

All this is still in development, though. The obj/jms file format support is very easy.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Update 26 available -- added basic support for saving to Eschaton tag format. You can make a new HEK Actor tag or open an existing HEK Actor tag (can't open Eschaton tags yet) and use File -> Save As... to save the tag to Eschaton format, then open Eschaton and load up the tag's .meta file and add it to an expanded map and rebuild the map.