Swordedit Sunlight (Version 1.0)

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
Pyrhex

Re: Swordedit Sunlight (Version 1.0)

Post by Pyrhex » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:43 pm

dude is it supossed to look rly dark and foggy as well i think there is a glitch cuz sometimes my screen is white with like red dots

Darth Vader

Post by Darth Vader » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:29 am

Is there a control to make the camera ascend? Like the spacebar? The descend works(c) but is there a control to make it ascend? Or do I have to look up and go forward to ascend.
"And for a split second, the rabbit wondered what the anti-personnel mine was doing in the carrot patch" - Works of David Shrigley

Pyrhex

Post by Pyrhex » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:53 pm

dude there is a big glitch and it turns white like completely except with a few red dots and y does my swords fit look nothing like ur screenshots

Samuco
Peon

Post by Samuco » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Don't click the refresh button...

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Samuco, what version of Xcode do you use to develop Swordedit Sunlight? I have 4.6.3, but I can't open the project correctly.

Samuco
Peon

Post by Samuco » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:08 pm

You will need to use Xcode 5

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:05 am

I'm pretty sure it still doesn't work (I have Xcode 5). You did something screwy with one of your nib/xib files.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:43 am

Specifically, Xcode refuses to open the "main.xib" file, which I think is the Interface Builder document for the main window.

I'm not in front of my Mac VM right now, but I believe the error had to do with the xib file format being too old. The best lead I've found on StackOverflow was to try changing the Development Version, but the option is greyed out for me, since my Xcode can't open the file. Catch-22, eh?

To get to the Development Version: Select main.xib, then in the right pane of Xcode, choose the File Inspector (circled in red in the below screenshot). Then scroll down to "Interface Builder Document". Under "Document Versioning" note the two fields "Deployment" and "Development".

Can you see what the Deployment and Development targets are?

Samuco
Peon

Post by Samuco » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:40 pm

MainMenu.nib is no longer required. It needs to use the actual interface builder program (which stopped being shipped with Xcode 4).
Main.xib is the new interface file and requires Xcode 5 to open. The document bersion should have been set on 4.0 but Xcode liked to change it.

Both nib/xib files do screwy things, but they should work. Try this file in Xcode 4.6:
[url]htttp://www.samuco.net/SE/Main.xib[/url]

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Okay, thanks. That's very helpful. :D

Unfortunately the latest Xcode I have access to right now is Xcode 5 Developer Preview 1, and it looks like this file was made with a slightly newer Xcode. =/ I guess I'll have to wait a bit before playing around with this.

Edit: Didn't see your Xcode 4 file! I'll try that now.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Took a look and got it to build 'n work. Off top of my head:

1) Remove references to MainMenu.xib
2) Download Main.xib file linked above and replace the existing file, even if you're on Xcode 5.
3) In project settings, nuke/delete the paths under Frameworks Search Paths
4) Remove and re-add reference to squish framework (framework search path will be updated appropriately), make sure framework is copied in frameworks directory in build phases.
5) Include "squish/squish.h" instead of using <>'s
6) Remove references to BGHudAppKit framework (I don't think it's needed?)

There's a class named "Non" referenced in IB which doesn't exist in the project, but whatever.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:45 pm

I say just start the whole project from scratch. Copy/paste or rewrite whatever code segments look useful, but do it in a brand new project.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:09 am

Sparky wrote:I say just start the whole project from scratch. Copy/paste or rewrite whatever code segments look useful, but do it in a brand new project.
There's always technical debt associated with old projects, but you're also throwing away a looooot of work when starting from scratch.

Swordedit's map-loading code should probably be replaced, but overall I find having a working program invaluable for development. It's a lot easier to slowly fix code by making non-breaking changes than it is to build a debug and program from the ground up.
Last edited by WaeV on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:35 am

Even the program you're working with is a complete mess?
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

WaeV
Peon

Post by WaeV » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:12 pm

Most software projects are messes, in one way or another. They start out as sturdy, simple little shacks, but grow and grow with bedroom additions, porch extensions, and a DIY leaf gutter projects. The house constantly need repairs, too -- the roof leaks, the floorboards in the living room are rotting, and the paint is faded and peeling.

There are some people who write poetry or literature, but usually the people who actually finish projects are the ones who "get things done" instead of worrying how about well they did it.