Automated Bitmask Converter!

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
mavrick06
Operative

Post by mavrick06 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:41 pm

or we could kidnap a huge group of programmers to make them build this game.
we need a gun.
i have heard all americans have guns. cause they dont know how to use their fists in a fight. (i made that bit up).
so we are set.
lets meet on the corner of 3rd and 4th streets at 9pm on the dot.

Everyone on Macgamingmods.com wrote:WOOT for MAV!

Kraken
SEAL

Post by Kraken » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:09 pm

Well done Yummy. With people like you, we might get some good Mac modding apps out. :)

And Disabler is on MSN a lot. >_>

Oh yeah, one more thing. I have tutorials for programming. Lemme take a peek in my secret stash and I'll be right back.

EDIT: Alright, I found a few.
http://www.linuxgod.net/docs/C++-dlopen
http://www.linuxgod.net/docs/C++Programming-HOWTO
http://www.linuxgod.net/docs/C-C++Beautifier-HOWTO
http://www.linuxgod.net/docs/C-editing-with-VIM-HOWTO
http://www.linuxgod.net/docs/XML-RPC-HOWTO

Don't have any on Applescript. Drat.

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:49 pm

Cause applescript is easy, and C++ takes a bit of learning. But, seriously search C++ tutorials on google, you find MANY results.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:37 pm

>Shadow< wrote:Try opening an already made widget and see how it was compiled. That can help alot sometimes. :wink:
Actually, I followed a tut on compliling a CPU Load (very basic) Widget. But when I set preferences, it would cease functioning. By this time I had closed the tut. The I went to the Real CPU Load Moniter I use and checked that. Turns out, I forgot a .value. XD Now im creating a widget just to see what I can do. So far, it displays the Matrix Blue Screen Smiley (by me) and when double clicked, fades out into a button that says: "BRING BACK THE WINDOW!" This was all done with a quick tutorial and a reference list.

Oh yeah, and Mav, youre probably right. My dad has a pump shotgun, auto shotgun, bolt action rifle, and a new bolt action rifle (all but the rifles were from my Grandpa. He hunted ALOT. And now me and my dad are gonna start sport shooting. Amazing that Ive never shot a gun... Im in Boy Scouts! Theres a merit badge for that!) Anyway, one rifle is for hunting, the other for sport shooting. Youre also right. They dont know how to fist fight. Then again, it is simply easier to drop an air-strike from 30,000 ft up and 5 miles away. Safer, too. XD

Anyway, what do you think of the Widget Idea, Yummy? Sound like it would work? So far, XML seems pretty easy...

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:40 pm

I am lost, this program would be a widget?

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:45 pm

Why not? I found Widgets used XML, plugins are in XML, and you said it would take a while for an Applescript>XML and vice versa code... So if we simply make a widget that reads the plugins in its recources folder, plus some small ammount of options, Im sure people would get it. It would seem resonable to think XML>XML is easier than Applescript>XML. So we make it a widget using the Yahoo! Widget Engine. It reads a good deal of XML, and Java, plus Applescript. So yay.

spida
SEAL

Post by spida » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:15 am

I acutally started messing with widgets yesterday and they are quite simple. I was trying to get it open so i just added a .txt ending to it and it changed to a file and I saw what was in it.

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:50 am

Hmm, interesting. I'll try to work on that. And, if I looked enough, I could find Applescript>XML Plugin so I don't have to write anything. In other words, Applescript could read the XML Plugins and all I would have to tell it to do is get to one of the values.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:55 am

Then simply design the window and all that stuff. Could work. Although, for the big thing I thought of a cool feature. SImply double click on one area, and the entire window *poof* vanishes and is replaced by a button that says "Bring Back the Window!" that is movable by it self. Double click it and the other window poofs into veiw, right where you left it. :D

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:57 am

Confused?

I will start working on the application tonight I think.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:59 am

Ill take a vid of it.

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:14 pm

SWEET! Dude, I found an xml parse scripting addition.

That is what it does to the projectile XML thing. Now, that new_xml value is stored as a record, so I can just say set blah to some property of new_xml. Simple and short.... :D

Now, to those of you who don't know applescript, you can't just go and type set blah to parse XML blah. You have to download a scripting addition, which I found here:

http://www.latenightsw.com/freeware/XMLTools2/

EDIT: Yay, I'm a SEAL now. Who is going to post the picture of the Seal lol

Syperium
Ranger

Post by Syperium » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:13 pm

I don't understand a bit of anything that you just posted... Care you explain some more? Maybe even a tutorial on what I'm suppose to do?

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:45 pm

Pretty much I am trying to read XML files. "Parsing" is pretty how an application reads a file, what to separate everything by. So, an XML parser will separate everything by how an XML file is. I think someone like Monoman could give a better explanation.

Anyways, if you read some of the text, you will see that it has figured out how to separate everything in this XML file. So, the HMT Plugins are all written in XML, and now I am taking that apart to write an app that will figure out the offset for meta edits. So, you could select something like Projectile>>Assault Rifle>>Initial Speed, then you would get an offset. Instead of adding everything up, this will do it all for you.

mavrick06
Operative

Post by mavrick06 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:21 pm

draconic74 wrote:

Oh yeah, and Mav, youre probably right. My dad has a pump shotgun, auto shotgun, bolt action rifle, and a new bolt action rifle (all but the rifles were from my Grandpa. He hunted ALOT. And now me and my dad are gonna start sport shooting. Amazing that Ive never shot a gun... Im in Boy Scouts! Theres a merit badge for that!) Anyway, one rifle is for hunting, the other for sport shooting. Youre also right. They dont know how to fist fight. Then again, it is simply easier to drop an air-strike from 30,000 ft up and 5 miles away. Safer, too. XD
yeh see in the american laws or whatever it is. it states that americans have the right to bear arms.
its stupid though.
so if everyone has a gun, then the guys that wanna use the gun for bad things, get bigger guns to give them an edge.
plus they are so easily accessible that kids massacre their school mates.
i would hate to live on america.
australia has guns too. but only hunters and that have them.
if you asked 100 of your friends in australia if they had a gun, 99 would say no. and the one that said "yeh i got it for hunting", the girls would be like " errrr thats disgusting, go away, we hate shooting".
haha my mate who shoots gets that alot if girls know.
i just dont see the point of guns. except in wars. if you need a gun for hunting, then it should have to be stored at a rifle range or something.
or the only people to be able to hold one is farmers who need a rifle to kill feral cats, pigs, dogs and any injured livestock.

Everyone on Macgamingmods.com wrote:WOOT for MAV!