Automated Bitmask Converter!

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:43 pm

I guess. Then, I have to build in all the metas (A LOT OF METAS). And, that would make it only work for bloodgulch.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:24 pm

But seeing as thats all we edit... Would it matter?

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:29 pm

Yeah, I guess. Alright, when I have time I will work on it. I'm thinking of how to read those plugins.....

Monoman, wouldn't it be possible to use some language that reads that with ease? I mean, I guess it is in HTML....idk.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:50 pm

The plugins are done in XML. I haven't looked but you might find a plugin or addon for Applescript that reads XML. That way you wouldn't have to deal with delimiters. Another option would be to make your own plugins without all the XML stuff. Just list is in a plain text file then read it with Applescript. That is probably the easiest way. For example, every line in the file is a different attribute.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Pool
Veteran

Post by Pool » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:01 pm

what does XML mean?

spida
SEAL

Post by spida » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:42 am

Its just the format its in.

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:26 pm

Alright, smart idea because delimiters are such a pain. I'll try doing something like that. Or, giving myself a stretch I could try it in C++, which I'm still learning more and more. To be more specific, how would I list it as a plain text file putting each attribute in each line? Like...you're saying "weap>>flags>>drop trigger lock" or something like that?

mavrick06
Operative

Post by mavrick06 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:09 am

i think he means:
0x2f4
0xwm
dgbfb
dgargr
gsvv
blah
blah
blah

it is in order.
so the program knows that the first line is some plugins value
the second is the next then the next then the next.
i think thats what he meant.
so you just program the program to know that if you ask for the speed of the hog plugin, it takes line 236's value and add's it to a meta you select............

is that right monoman?
or did i just make a fool of myself?? lol

Everyone on Macgamingmods.com wrote:WOOT for MAV!

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:02 am

Yea, that is what I meant mavrick06. Yummy, your way works (weap>>flags>>drop trigger lock) too but you will have to deal with delimiters to get rid of the >> when you parse the file.

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:57 pm

Well no matter what, you will have to deal with delimiters to parse it, because with what mavrick posted, you have to use the return as a delimiter anyways (separate lines) I am confused as to how 0x2f4 would help? that's only telling you an offset, not telling you what is at 2f4.

Oh wait, never mind. I would have like two corresponding lists in a 2 dimensional array (stupid apple script doesn't do arrays, only lists). So, I would have two lists, one with the offsets, and one with what is at each offset.

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:35 pm

Actually if you make the files like how mavrick posted you do not need a delimiter. You can just grab the text by paragraph. Applescript will treat each line as a paragraph and you don't have to worry about the end of the line.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:42 pm

Oh right, I can do paragraph x of the_values or whatever it is. True, of course I didn't think of that...

Once I get around to starting this program, It won't be out for a while due to the fact that I have school...oh well. I will try to do it piece by piece.

I would also have to include reflexives if it is a reflexive....because, of course, if it is a reflexive I have to calculate a new offset.

Let's see, how would this program look now? (Thinking aloud)....I would not even use any other applications, I would only use XCode. It would have all the tags, like vehi, weap, so on so on. Once you select one of those, you would get a list of all the things in there to edit (for instance Forward Speed), then you would press calculate.

Now, the problem is once again, reflexives. I would have to input every reflexive into the app? Or, could I just only give the reflexive OFFSET, then you would copy and paste that into another part of the program, and it would automatically calculate the new offset?

mavrick06
Operative

Post by mavrick06 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:04 pm

i guess if you needed to make a list of all the offsets, everyone on here could help to make it shorter.
if everyone knew they just had to list all the offsets like how i showed above. then each person do a plugin or 2.
then send it to you yummy. no need for you to do all the hard work and us just sit back and wait for it.

Everyone on Macgamingmods.com wrote:WOOT for MAV!

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:28 am

:idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

BIG IDEA!!!!!!!!!

Today I felt like trying my hand at a Widget. So i download a tutorial and what do I see? XML CODING! Thats it! Thats what we make. A widget that could read the code and use it! It seems obvious now. I was going to give it a shot, then realized I have about the skill of a crouton at XML coding. Yay! So there it is. Instead of pesky (or so you say) XML>Spplescript or a Script with all the metas (take a long time...), we make one that reads already made plugins. Seems simple enough to me.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:00 pm

Try opening an already made widget and see how it was compiled. That can help alot sometimes. :wink: