Metallic Deuterium

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
Ranger

Metallic Deuterium

Post by 002 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:24 am

This experimental program is a basic tag editor that allows for one to edit the map loaded in HaloMD's memory without having to relaunch the map.
To use, install the .mdplugin file by opening it with HaloMD and enable it if it is not enabled. Then, open the map in Metallic Deuterium and HaloMD. Take note of the IP:Port being used (currently it just hosts on 127.0.0.1:2333). In Metallic Deuterium, go to File -> Connect (or press shift-command-C) and enter said IP address.

A few things to note:
  • This is not a replacement for Eschaton and likely never will be. It only features tag editing and nothing more.
  • Metallic Deuterium is limited to only using entity-style plugins. You can find the plugins folder by right-clicking Metallic Deuterium, going to Show Packaged Contents, go to Contents -> Resources.
  • SBSP editing isn't supported, as it can't be reliably edited in HaloMD's memory due to how it changes every time the BSP is changed.
Download (OS X): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/302 ... 2416_1.zip
Last edited by 002 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zapconquest
Ranger

Re: Metallic Deuterium

Post by zapconquest » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:30 am

This is really cool. I can see it being super useful for fine-tuning values while testing a mod. I'm guessing reference editing is not possible through changes in memory? Even if they can't be edited it might be nice to have a list of references to make it easier to navigate the map structure. Anyway awesome job.

Off-topic has anyone been able to run Eschaton in macOS Sierra? I get a NilObjectException error when I try to open it.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Metallic Deuterium

Post by nil » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:41 pm

zapconquest wrote:This is really cool. I can see it being super useful for fine-tuning values while testing a mod. I'm guessing reference editing is not possible through changes in memory? Even if they can't be edited it might be nice to have a list of references to make it easier to navigate the map structure. Anyway awesome job.

Off-topic has anyone been able to run Eschaton in macOS Sierra? I get a NilObjectException error when I try to open it.
You must have just downloaded Eschaton. I edited the Eschaton thread to explain how to work around that issue.

I tried to change the projectile initial/final velocity speed of the assault rifle using this but haven't had much luck yet getting it to work. It's a really neat idea though, will have to play around with it later to see if I can get it working.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!