It requires these two extensions to correctly function:
- Halo+ (Available through the HaloMD application) is required to join servers. Some maps will also benefit from the BSP polygon limit increased. You may already have this plugin, which you will only need to enable it globally by going to the Extensions menu in the menubar of HaloMD.
- Sapphire (viewtopic.php?f=101&t=20871) is required, as the CE ui.map is loaded (renamed to ce.map) is loaded in place of the MD map. Otherwise, the game will crash.
There are a few things to note about this plugin:
- CE users cannot join servers you create. Only HaloMD users can join your servers.
- Installing this plugin will not affect the HaloMD lobby seen on the HaloMD launcher. You will still be able to join HaloMD games normally.
- The maps for the servers you see will not be downloadable through the in-game downloadable like MD maps, so you will need to download them through a service such as Halo Maps.
- Games you host while the CE lobby plugin is installed will not appear on the HaloMD lobby, either. At the moment, I'm not sure this issue is fixable.
- The stock maps are not included, so you are unable to join servers that use stock maps except for Blood Gulch unless you have the map file in HaloMD's maps folder. Please buy the game if you want all of the stock map files.
If you have bought the Mac version of the game, you can get the stock maps from the Maps folder by right-clicking Halo.app, click Show Packaged Contents, go to Contents -> Resources -> GameData -> Maps and copy all of the maps except for a#0, b#0, c#0, d#0, ui.map, bitmaps.map, and sounds.map.
If you own the Windows version of the game, you can get the stock maps from the Maps folder, copying all of the maps except for a#0, b#0, c#0, d#0, ui.map, bitmaps.map, and sounds.map.
Alternatively, Custom Edition map files are compatible thanks to Sapphire, copying all map files except for loc.map, ui.map, bitmaps.map, and sounds.map.
- This is to be intended to be used for assistance with modding and as sort of a proof of concept more than just playing. You will get a far better experience by just using Custom Edition on Windows, though you will need the full game for this.