swordedit: Genesis - Let there be Light

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
Sparky
Delta Force

spawn point editor

Post by Sparky » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:35 am

What kinds of things will we be able to do with the revised spawn point editor?

Is there any way to add more vehicles, besides swapping with scenery? I know this is handled by gametypes, but the max right now is 4 of any given vehi type...and I wonder if we can change this max directly in the gametype file.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Trinity.
SEAL

Post by Trinity. » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:14 pm

Wow, how many years have I heard you talking about this sword? Haha, it's Trinity, how ya been?
MGM Team Wraith
Xbox Live Gamertag: HybuR
Professional Halo Player

BLACKHAWK5866
Ranger

Post by BLACKHAWK5866 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:29 am

Can you make it where moving objects up and down goes faster? Using the , and . buttons takes years to work. Unless there already is a faster way that I don't know of.

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:43 am

hold control and drag...

@sword... im glad u made this... it makes everything easier... but now newbs that have no idea what they are doing mod... i joined a server yesterday and the host was like "do you like the mod", i said "what's the change", he says "i moved the flag", i went back to the flag room, sure enough, it was moved just outside of that little flag holder... i complained that he had no clue how to actually mod without swordedit he said he did, i asked him to name another modding app... he said "i cant think of their names off the top of my head" i said "do you know eschaton" "yes" "say the name again" "umm...etachon?" "exactly"

lol.. sword this is not ur fault, just the world can be so annoying at points
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:25 pm

HybuR wrote:Wow, how many years have I heard you talking about this sword? Haha, it's Trinity, how ya been?
My god. O.O

Hello there, welcome back!
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

sparkman II

Post by sparkman II » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:48 pm

XD (G)hosts wrote:hold control and drag...

@sword... im glad u made this... it makes everything easier... but now newbs that have no idea what they are doing mod... i joined a server yesterday and the host was like "do you like the mod", i said "what's the change", he says "i moved the flag", i went back to the flag room, sure enough, it was moved just outside of that little flag holder... i complained that he had no clue how to actually mod without swordedit he said he did, i asked him to name another modding app... he said "i cant think of their names off the top of my head" i said "do you know eschaton" "yes" "say the name again" "umm...etachon?" "exactly"

lol.. sword this is not ur fault, just the world can be so annoying at points
That's absolutely hilarious, Ghosts.

sparkman III

Post by sparkman III » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:53 pm

I mentioned this before (I'm Sparky): Sword, SwordEdit needs smoother object manipulation handling, namely translation (x / y / z). The rotation (pitch, roll, yaw) work well, but the movements don't seem real-time enough. I think it's slow because it re-renders the screen every time an object is repositioned. Would the OpenGL work better in full-screen mode? If so, perhaps we could toggle full-screen and have a control palette on the bottom of the screen.

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:37 pm

sparkman III wrote:I mentioned this before (I'm Sparky): Sword, SwordEdit needs smoother object manipulation handling, namely translation (x / y / z). The rotation (pitch, roll, yaw) work well, but the movements don't seem real-time enough. I think it's slow because it re-renders the screen every time an object is repositioned. Would the OpenGL work better in full-screen mode? If so, perhaps we could toggle full-screen and have a control palette on the bottom of the screen.
I'm thinking of adding a full screen feature and making a whole OpenGL rendered menu set. Thing is, it'll mean a lot more work to reorder how I render the map. I'm up for it, I just need the time.

As for slow rendering, that has been fixed in the latest version of the app that has only been released as a 4 day beta to a few people. I think the beta has actually run out at this point and I haven't made any new builds in a few days.

I'm just waiting until I get more time on my hands again before I finish up some features and make a new general release.
The sword.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:12 pm

take all the time you need, just not to long ;)

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:52 am

GRGGRGRGR DAMN SWORDEDIT!!!

THE WAY IT ADDS STUFF TO SCENARIO CORRUPTS THE MAP IF SAVED VIA SPARKEDIT 3!!! (pc's)

AND, THE ROTATING SYSTEM SUCKS NIGGER VAGINAES! >:O
YOU CANNOT ROTATE STUFF STRAIGHTLY! DX<
(i.e.: rotate something by 180, then open it in a serious application. it will be rotated by 180.2! :evil:)

D:< VERY ANGRY FACE! >:@
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:08 am

Sword, I'd like to be able to save camera positions, like you can in Bryce (from Metacreations / Corel / DAZ Studios). That way, I'll be able to save a view at base A, base B, vehicle A, and so on. I'd like to be able to select the views from a popup menu and be able to name the views when I save them.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:18 pm

So hey, I just got my laptop back! Woo.

Now onto business. I had made some major upgrades to swordedit before my laptop was in the shop being fixed for the third time. However, I still have more work to do. As I am now busier than I have been before, I can't promise any release dates. I would like to say possibly mid August, but I can't be sure.

Anyway, things are going to be happening again.

Sparky, that will probably be one of the new features.
The sword.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:43 pm

I'd like to type in the values (position, rotation, etc.) directly, in addition to using the slider. The best UI method I can think of is to have the number already there be modifiable by double-clicking it.

I'd also like to be able to type in object references so I can swap the object types, too.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: swordedit: Genesis - Let there be Light

Post by Sparky » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:51 am

Bump. Is there an update in our future?