The Cheat [Fixes]

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

The Cheat [Fixes]

Post by nil » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:09 am

I decided to build up a new version of The Cheat which now runs on Leopard and on Intel machines without the need of running The Cheat as root, or turning off the kernel policy which allows any application to hack away.

This also contains a couple of crash fixes, the more important one being when performing multiple searches to narrow down results.

It will ask for an administrator password on every launch.

In this download, a sample cheat is included that changes everyone's walking speed on your own server in Halo Demo. This cheat modifies values at the same memory locations as sword's speed hack does. If you want to know how to use The Cheat, consult to its manual under the "Help" menu.

Download

Source code

[EDIT (july 12, 2009)]:
The original author of The Cheat noticed my build and posted it on his website. One small problem exists though. Recently, another user besides me contributed a build of The Cheat (1.2.2 unofficial), however, that build does not actually work correctly and is intel only. You may be alerted of a "new" update when launching my version of The Cheat. As a temporary solution to get rid of this notice, go to The Cheat's preferences -> update tab -> and uncheck "Check for new versions when The Cheat launches."
Last edited by nil on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Re: The Cheat [Fixes]

Post by Fonzeh » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:34 am

YES!!! YOU SIR ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND! TODAY IS A GOOD DAY!

I FINALLY GOT MY MAC BACK!!! YEAAAAAAAH.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Allex a2
Veteran

Post by Allex a2 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:21 pm

Kewl I haven't downloaded it but this is like Ihackgamerz right? you can change a variable for games/apps/shit? You can download one kinda like it from apple.

lewbylew
Veteran

Post by lewbylew » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:41 pm

I don't know who you are but seriously, TAKE MY BABIES!!!

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Nil R hawt.

Løki
Ranger

Post by Løki » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:17 pm

What the Hell man?!
Why won't it accept my password?
It just keeps asking over and over for it... 0_0

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:20 pm

Did you put it in your apps folder? >_<

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:44 pm

Allex a2 wrote:Kewl I haven't downloaded it but this is like Ihackgamerz right?
Mm.. I have never heard of lhackgamerz o_o.
Allex a2 wrote: you can change a variable for games/apps/shit?.
Yeup.
Loki wrote:What the Hell man?!
Why won't it accept my password?
It just keeps asking over and over for it... 0_0
Like Seabees4 said, did you take the app out of the disc image >_<? If so, does it say "invalid password" or does it just quit after you enter in the password?
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:43 pm

It took me a minute to figure out too. Don't worry. Your not the only one.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:47 pm

You are wonderful in 5,000 different ways. To the power of 900. Times 3,000,000. Plus 50. Make that 55.

Edit: You are absolutely horrible in 1 way. It won't accept my password.

Double edit: Nevermind. It accepts my password, and then immediately quits, and then when I open it again it still asks for the password again and then quits. No matter where I put it in my hard drive. You are horrible in 500+ ways.

Triple Edit: I extended ownership permissions to myself as well as everyone else possibly using my computer. Now when I enter my password, it automatically quits and then opens the cheat back up again immediately. You're now horrible in an infinite number of ways, or infinite until I restart my computer.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:06 pm

Works for me, lawlz.

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Perhaps you need the root password?
Disclaimer: I am no longer active. Any posts, PMs or other communication I use has no guarantee of accuracy or follow up.
Download Eschaton: Mediafire

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Kayar [Crawler] wrote:You are wonderful in 5,000 different ways. To the power of 900. Times 3,000,000. Plus 50. Make that 55.

Edit: You are absolutely horrible in 1 way. It won't accept my password.

Double edit: Nevermind. It accepts my password, and then immediately quits, and then when I open it again it still asks for the password again and then quits. No matter where I put it in my hard drive. You are horrible in 500+ ways.

Triple Edit: I extended ownership permissions to myself as well as everyone else possibly using my computer. Now when I enter my password, it automatically quits and then opens the cheat back up again immediately. You're now horrible in an infinite number of ways, or infinite until I restart my computer.
*Sigh* Is it in your applications folder?

NO WORK

Post by NO WORK » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:56 pm

Asks for Password. Quits. /repeat/
Its in my apps folder..

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:28 pm

To destroy the confusion of the dmg thing, I just re-uploaded it as a zip (I thought I had a legitimate reason using dmg, but perhaps not...ah well)
Kayar [Crawler] wrote:Now when I enter my password, it automatically quits and then opens the cheat back up again immediately.
That is actually suppose to happen and would be a sign of it working (as long as it didn't ask for password again when it relaunched). A sign of it not working is if it just quits on you after entering in the password and does not relaunch. If this happens, I suggest to try downloading it again. (May sound silly, but try it.)

Oh, and if it doesn't work for you, specify your operating system version (leopard or tiger) and type of computer (intel or powerpc) so I can see if it has any meaning.