The Cheat [Fixes]

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
zapconquest
Ranger

Re: The Cheat [Fixes]

Post by zapconquest » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:17 pm

Finally a working version of The Cheat on my computer! All the cheat files I've tried have worked except for the third person cheat. Does anyone know why that still doesn't work?

Løki
Ranger

Post by Løki » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:34 pm

Kayar [Crawler] wrote:You are wonderful in 5,000 different ways. To the power of 900. Times 3,000,000. Plus 50. Make that 55.

Edit: You are absolutely horrible in 1 way. It won't accept my password.

Double edit: Nevermind. It accepts my password, and then immediately quits, and then when I open it again it still asks for the password again and then quits. No matter where I put it in my hard drive. You are horrible in 500+ ways.

Triple Edit: I extended ownership permissions to myself as well as everyone else possibly using my computer. Now when I enter my password, it automatically quits and then opens the cheat back up again immediately. You're now horrible in an infinite number of ways, or infinite until I restart my computer.
I Feel your pain...
:|
P.S. OBAMA WON! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:20 am

OBAMA IS THE NEW PREZ!

Everyone, Go ahead and Try my Real Life and 3rd Person mods now!

EDIT: It... Wat?
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 pm

Fonzie wrote:EDIT: It... Wat?

3rd person does not work.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:49 pm

zapconquest wrote:Finally a working version of The Cheat on my computer! All the cheat files I've tried have worked except for the third person cheat. Does anyone know why that still doesn't work?
Where can me find this cheat file?

Anywho, I followed these instructions from halodev,
1. Use a search tool to find the thirdperson switch (Tsearch is the program I used, I don't know about macs)
2. Search for a 1 byte value: 0=firstperson, 1=vehicle view, 2=out of game, 3=dead view
3. Find the address that writes to this value and NOP it.
4. Change the 1 byte value to 1 and you'll get a thirdperson view, but it's too close to MC.
5. To find the distance variable address, search for a float value with an inital value of 0 in firstperson. Jump into a warthog driver seat and search for a value that is now in the range of 2.5 - 3.1
6. If you find more than one value, it's the one that decreases steadily as you jump out of the vehicle.
7. Then find the address that writes to this variable and play with that.
8. I was stuck here, Dave finished the rest.
When I found these variables, I got different addresses on my intel machine compared to my powerpc machine. Also, I tried to search for other variables in the Demo and Universal version and I noticed the address values on each machine did not appear to be the same (though oddly enough, address values for player's walking speed in the Demo version must be the same)

If you still cannot get The Cheat to work correctly after re-downloading it, then try this with the Terminal:
Open Terminal.app located in /Applications/Utilities/
Type in "cd " in the terminal window (making sure there is a space after cd)
Drag The Cheat from Finder into the terminal window, and the file path should be pasted in.
Hit Return.
Type in "cd Contents/MacOS" and hit Return.
Type in "sudo chgrp procmod The\ Cheat", hit Return and enter in password if it asks for one.
Type in "sudo chmod 2755 The\ Cheat", hit Return and enter in password if it asks for one.
Quit Terminal and start up The Cheat. If all is well, it will start up and will not ask a password from you.
Oh, and don't actually type in the quotes.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Shadowkiller

Post by Shadowkiller » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:32 am

Okay I downloaded it, it works (thank you Nil) But i don't know how to use it can anyone post a tutorial on it?
in the mean time ----) *HEASHOT*!

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:57 am

Shadowkiller wrote:Okay I downloaded it, it works (thank you Nil) But i don't know how to use it can anyone post a tutorial on it?
in the mean time ----) *HEASHOT*!
See the "Help" menu in the application.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

crazyshroom
Ranger
Location: I'm sorry I'm in your house cooking bacon for my family

Post by crazyshroom » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:29 pm

can you make it so teh 3third person hack works or does it i just looking at modzy and you get the picture

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Let me intercede here

PPC users:
It just works, stop failing at life

Intel users:
1. open terminal
2. type in:
sudo sysctl -w kern.tfp.policy=1
3. type in an administrator password
4. press enter
5. test again

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:53 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that only work for Non-Leopard?

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Seabees4 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that only work for Non-Leopard?
indeed for leopard on any platform you need to run it as root. To do that is not something I would tell freely because if you are not careful you can damage your system with that.

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:10 pm

XD That's why terminal stuff is not common knowledge. Like emacs.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Dirk Gently wrote:
Seabees4 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that only work for Non-Leopard?
indeed for leopard on any platform you need to run it as root. To do that is not something I would tell freely because if you are not careful you can damage your system with that.
Executing "sysctl -w kern.tfp.policy=1" is not really safe for the system either. That is basically giving any application the ability to write memory into another process without the user's permission.

Anyway, with the way I built the app, executing that command won't fix any password issues someone would be having. What I did to give permission for The Cheat to write/read memory is to change the permissions (see my above post as to how through the Terminal) of the application. It won't run if the permissions are not set like it wants them to be.

As for 3rd person hack, I don't really know how to get it to work. I couldn't get it to work on my systems [leopard ppc & leopard intel] even with running an earlier version of The Cheat as root.

Fuel
Green Beret

Post by Fuel » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Intel users:
1. open terminal
2. type in:
sudo sysctl -w kern.tfp.policy=1
3. type in an administrator password
4. press enter
5. test again

For me it was just