swordedit: An Update

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
G[v]N
Green Beret

Re: swordedit: An Update

Post by G[v]N » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:24 pm

It's like my prayers are answered.
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:14 pm

I updated the svn repository on the googlecode page with a working (for me at least) copy of swordedit's source. It should build without any problems. All source files are included.

There are still some unused files included with this revision. Just disregard them, they're useless.

I can't say that the code is documented at all or even well commented. Gren's / Bob's code should be readily apparent, though I didn't credit them as I should have in the source files. The BSP code is more or less a carbon copy of Grenadiac's code.

Now I really need to finish up my physics homework. It's the only homework I'm going to bother doing tonight.
The sword.

Al Capwn
Ranger

Post by Al Capwn » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:23 pm

Modzy wrote:Image
Also, really excited about the new swordedit. I was never able to get the hang of it, maybe things will be a bit easier in the new ver. It looks like a really powerful tool for non-meta modding.
TaxiService wrote:¬_¬ i'm not a quote vending machine.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8052/capwnsig2s.png

Developer

Post by Developer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:45 am

Fonzie, brushed metal makes people gag. Please learn the apple interface guidelines?

Also sword, thank you for fixing the svn.

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:50 am

Al Capwn wrote:Image
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! xD I'mma sig that.

EDIT: WTF NOOOO! Seafire stole it. :'(
Last edited by seabeast on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:54 am

Lol. pure genius.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:24 am

sword wrote:I updated the svn repository on the googlecode page with a working (for me at least) copy of swordedit's source. It should build without any problems. All source files are included.
Squish still fails to compile with the errors that I told you about earlier on two of my machines. I don't think you should include the squish project and its source code files in swordedit's repository anyway. What I would do is just remove the squish xcode project from the swordedit project, and add a built version of squish.framework to the 'Frameworks' folder in xcode, and also move squish.framework to the 'Copy Files' build phase. Squish.framework is the only squish dependency that is needed in order to compile swordedit and is the only one that needs to be in the repository. This is what I did with the swordedit xcode project I uploaded earlier.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Mike7766
Operative

Post by Mike7766 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:08 pm

1) hey, its nice to finally see that sword is still at MGM
2) aww man, this thing looks awsome, im so downloading this! (thanks sword! XD)
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Mike77660
Steam name: mike77660
If you see either Mike7766 or Mike77660 ANYWHERE, it's probably me!

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:03 pm

nil wrote:
sword wrote:I updated the svn repository on the googlecode page with a working (for me at least) copy of swordedit's source. It should build without any problems. All source files are included.
Squish still fails to compile with the errors that I told you about earlier on two of my machines. I don't think you should include the squish project and its source code files in swordedit's repository anyway. What I would do is just remove the squish xcode project from the swordedit project, and add a built version of squish.framework to the 'Frameworks' folder in xcode, and also move squish.framework to the 'Copy Files' build phase. Squish.framework is the only squish dependency that is needed in order to compile swordedit and is the only one that needs to be in the repository. This is what I did with the swordedit xcode project I uploaded earlier.
I'll include a UB version of the framework in a new revision in just a few moments.

I wanted to include the squish source so people could build it natively and so those who were interested could look at its source. I still think the build problems are some sort of compiler settings you have.

Edit: Cleaned up the project a bit and included a pre-compiled version of squish for revision 19.
The sword.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:28 pm

MUAHAHAHAH!!!

Ahem, yes.

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Oh don't worry, I'll get one from Taxi eventually.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:54 pm

Developer wrote:Fonzie, brushed metal makes people gag. Please learn the apple interface guidelines?
Brushed is only good for simple UI's.

Al Capwn
Ranger

Post by Al Capwn » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Beast O' Teh Sea wrote:Oh don't worry, I'll get one from Taxi eventually.
I'm gonna sig the vending machine one as soon as Seb changes his.
TaxiService wrote:¬_¬ i'm not a quote vending machine.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8052/capwnsig2s.png

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:07 pm

Lol, sig rights.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Modzy wrote:
Developer wrote:Fonzie, brushed metal makes people gag. Please learn the apple interface guidelines?
Brushed is only good for simple UI's.
Prior to Leopard, many Mac users showed a dislike to brushed metal for just about anything and would often use uno to have a more consistent user interface. Finder and Safari look very ugly on Tiger, but then again everything looks better in Leopard.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!