swordedit: An Update

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
Dirk Gently
Commando

Re: swordedit: An Update

Post by Dirk Gently » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:45 pm

yes, but that is for a different reason. A map can only support so many tags before it cannot load. Once you hit that number it will not work. I am talking about a map that crashes due to the save feature.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:52 pm

uhh i wasn't responding to you.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:44 pm

sword wrote:Better yet, just have swordedit do what hexedit and some other programs do and copy the original file upon save and store it as something like bloodgulch.map~ or bloodgulch.map.original
You have no idea how much i hated having my maps folder filled with bloodgulch.map~ files.
I think Dirk might be on to something here so it rebuild the map?

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Can someone open a halo full map in swordedit and break it so it does not load in halo for me please? I cannot seem to get one to not work, even after multiple saves in one session.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:12 pm

Maybe full maps dont break.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

modfox is too lazy to log in

Post by modfox is too lazy to log in » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:14 pm

No, they definitely break, I've broken one before.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Altimit01 wrote:So who feels like actually putting together some place for us to properly trade ideas and code? And who would actually be active? I've got a handful of OGL C/C++ functions that render mod2 files that I've been meaning to write and wouldn't mind having a good place to share it.
Like Dirk, I'm much more accustom to Obj-C than I am C/C++. But I can work with it and mostly understand what's going on when I read it.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:33 pm

DOUBLE POST!

There are two "rebuildScenario" methods in Scenario.m. The second, more advanced by the look of it, is unused. It's well named "rebuildScenario222." I tested how it worked, and it fixes the saving issue. I duped stuff, saved, saved again, and Halo still ran the map. I still had the map open in SE, so duped some more scen, saved, and saved again. Repeat about five times and the map is still working just fine, all changes made and everything seems fine. So this fixes the saving issues, no longer needed to relaunch after each save.

I'm not sure if the method is complete, but it worked fine as far as I can tell.

To add the fix, replace the "saveMap" method in HaloMap.m:

Code: Select all

- (void)saveMap
{
	NSLog(@"hur?");
	[mapScenario rebuildScenario222]; //This is the changed bit.
	NSLog(@"Or hur!?");
	[mapScenario saveScenario];
	NSLog(@"Asdf.");
}

Samuco

Post by Samuco » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:35 pm

Modzy wrote:DOUBLE POST!

There are two "rebuildScenario" methods in Scenario.m. The second, more advanced by the look of it, is unused. It's well named "rebuildScenario222." I tested how it worked, and it fixes the saving issue. I duped stuff, saved, saved again, and Halo still ran the map. I still had the map open in SE, so duped some more scen, saved, and saved again. Repeat about five times and the map is still working just fine, all changes made and everything seems fine. So this fixes the saving issues, no longer needed to relaunch after each save.

I'm not sure if the method is complete, but it worked fine as far as I can tell.

- (void)saveMap
{
	NSLog(@"hur?");
	[mapScenario rebuildScenario222];
	NSLog(@"Or hur!?");
	NSLog(@"Asdf.");
}
Haha, that's exactly what starlight uses. Maybe I don't need the relaunch after all =)

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:36 pm

Samuco wrote:Haha, that's exactly what starlight uses. Maybe I don't need the relaunch after all =)
The source and version you posted still uses the old rebuild code.

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:51 pm

Modzy wrote:DOUBLE POST!

- (void)saveMap
{
	NSLog(@"hur?");
	[mapScenario rebuildScenario222]; //This is the changed bit.
	NSLog(@"Or hur!?");
	NSLog(@"Asdf.");
}
oh damn, why is the code you guys have different from the original swordedit code I have? It looks like rebuildScenario (not 222) was taken from the Moved Aside Functions file since it sure as hell isn't in the Scenario class that I've got.
The sword.

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 pm

I had it in my set of code from swordedit. I can upload my source code for swordedit if you like and want to have a look at it.

Also:

int i, x, n, sizeChange = 0, index, realReflexives = 0, bufIndex, posCounter = 0;
char *newScnr;
long negativeOffset, cacashit, *hack;
I like the variable names XD

Slapzy
Ranger

Post by Slapzy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:27 pm

I hardly consider myself a developer, but I am quite interested in software development, and programming with a few languages. I have hosting, and I could throw together a board, or perhaps, between a few of us, organize some sort of community for such a thing. Similar to a forum with an integrated pastebin.

Or, monoman, could move / transform MMT's board, into a development group.
~ Teh Slapz
TaxiService wrote:OMG BARREL ROLL ON ACIDS
._. \·. |: /.· .-. ·.\ :| .·/ ._. \·. |: /.· .-. ·.\ :| .·/ ._.
WHOOHHAGHGHHGEHGR

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:51 pm

Alt already has full access to a few boards on here. sword should also have access to them as well. Not sure if Modzy, nil, or Dirk were ever added by Alt though.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:16 am

Monoman wrote:Alt already has full access to a few boards on here. sword should also have access to them as well. Not sure if Modzy, nil, or Dirk were ever added by Alt though.
We do, and have for awhile.