[Apps] HClientChanger & HServerChanger update

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

[Apps] HClientChanger & HServerChanger update

Post by nil » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:30 pm

HServerChanger allows you to change your Halo Demo server without having to close the server and re-open it.

HServerChanger has support for making the Halo Demo host a 'spectator', which removes him from games. HServerChanger also has support for restarting Halo Demo games, which of course would be useful if you turn on remote access in the preferences window:

With remote access being turned on in HServerChanger, other people can connect by using HClientChanger. What this means is that you can give access to other people so that they can control your Halo Demo server from different machines. The server machine just needs to open the port 2395 (the default one) on TCP, set up a password for clients to enter in, and have HServerChanger running.

Much thanks goes to Slappey for creating both of these application's icons, Modzy for helping me implement the restart game feature, Modfox and Dirk for helping me improve host spectator mode, and the beta testers (especially pheonix clan) for testing these programs.

Both HServerChanger and HClientChanger require Mac OS X 10.4 or later. HServerChanger requires you to have Halo Demo and may require an administrator's password. It is probably highly recommended to use the "Auto-host" in conjunction to HServerChanger.

(If you are a programmer and if you are interested in the source code, get it here.)

Download

[EDIT]: This software does not work for HaloMD and is no longer supported.
Last edited by nil on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Kiyoshi
Commando

Re: [Apps] HClientChanger & HServerChanger update

Post by Kiyoshi » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:41 pm

Nice!!!!

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:12 pm

COOL!!!!
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Dittoz7
Veteran

Post by Dittoz7 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:15 pm

sweet.
imma dl.
Fortune wrote:We need you in this fight noble one!
NOBLE 1 DO YOU COPY?!?!??!
NOBLE 1???!?!?
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- we lost the spartans
I guess the Covenant win.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:07 pm

I love you Nil.

By the way, Does Hserverchanger need to sync anymore?

EDIT: Never mind, it just doesn't come up by its self.

EDIT 2

GOD DAMNIT I THOUGHT HE UPDATED IT....YOU DAMN BUMPERS GTFO.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:36 pm

~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Actually, this is a convenient bump. I was just thinking about making a small update to this program, which I'll hopefully post in this thread later today.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Wouldn't it be more coincidental than convenient?

Anyway..

\o/ for update
t(>_<t) for bump
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Vegerot wrote:COOL!!!!
I'm starting to hate this kid.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:18 pm

G[v]N wrote:Wouldn't it be more coincidental than convenient?
Sure.

I updated the original post with the new version. Basically, just a couple of improvements: the host spectator feature now automatically kills the host, and the halo game restarting feature is now faster because it caches the (hopefully always static) memory addresses.

At best, these tools allow anyone to set up their own "dedicated" Halo server. Games restart automatically if you use the Auto-host text file thing-y, spectator mode removes the host from the game and from the scores (additionally, if you're the host, you can spectate over other people), and with HClientChanger, you can give other people access to your server, sort of like "rcon."

Phoenix, a halo demo clan, hosts a 24-7 dedicated server with using these tools in fact.

At worst, HServerChanger is just a convenient tool to change the server stuff without re-opening it ;).

crazyshroom
Ranger
Location: I'm sorry I'm in your house cooking bacon for my family

Post by crazyshroom » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:15 am

<3 you nil thanks

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:20 am

Just so win.
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:47 pm

Hahahaha, this is awesome nil. I remember writing exactly the same thing for the PC server I used to run out of my room. I called it RAT (Remote Administration Tool - i liked that name) and it would allow me to change the server name, size, it would default the host to a spectator / nonexistent, and a few other things.

I remember trying to make it change gametypes too by overwriting the entire gametype ruleset that was held in memory and it kinda worked but was also pretty prone to crash halo.

Very nice work here
The sword.