Eschaton 0.8.2 Release

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
Amy
Green Beret

Re: Eschaton 0.8.1 Release

Post by Amy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:52 pm

is that why i always have to save as before eschaton lets me put it in?
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:19 am

Modzy wrote:
olly12345 wrote:The ability to see tags that reference the selected tag (Like when you Expand the map)
The reason you can only do that in expanded is because it'd take ages to do it if it was still in a file, not decompiled in memory.
Ah i see.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:45 pm

ESCHATON STRESS TEST

Macro used to recursively extract and internalize untold thousands of tags from CE maps... over 5 gigs of memory used.

Everything was running great until I opened and expanded a map of 150MB with around 500MB of space left on my HD. I assumed that this was enough space, but Eschaton failed at the last second...NOOOOOO!!! 24 hours and 12 hours of running a macro straight, all wasted!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Alt, what went wrong? I still have the application open - is there any way to salvage my work by somehow overriding the error... ?? :(

I still have 569.7 MB on my HD of free space. At one point, I deleted 1.3 gigs of space, but this didn't cause any issues before...

This is what my Activity Monitor has to say:

HALP!

EDIT: Alt and I discussed this via PM.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:27 am

o_O I always keep 20 GB free space at least on my comp. Delete some of your useless crap. O_o

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:21 am

Beast O' Teh Sea wrote:o_O I always keep 20 GB free space at least on my comp. Delete some of your useless crap. O_o
Don't you think that would've been obvious?

What if he already has deleted his useless crap?
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:13 pm

The remaining crap is useful, of course :P

EDIT:

New stress test for Eschaton

Challenge: Import and internalize 4,681 tags from CE maps all at once, putting the imported tag total in the rebuilt map at 10,295 tags (map already had 5,614 tags).

Comments: Eschaton did not slow during the process and used around 3 gigs of HD space for Virtual Memory during the recursive extraction and internalization process. A few hundred MB of HD space were allocated for memory usage during the tag importation process, perhaps equal to the size of the new map, but the rebuilding process didn't use any significant extra memory. The tag importation process may have been a bit slower than normal, but took perhaps half the time of the extraction process.

Processes:
  1. Open and expand the map into which I wanted to continue importing tags
  2. Recursively extract tags from several CE maps using a macro designed with QuicKeys (www.startly.com)
  3. Close all the CE maps to conserve memory a little
  4. Use another macro to check all the tags to import in the expanded map's import tags list (no "check all" feature yet)
  5. Cancel macro using yet another macro hot key (I set it to repeat 10k times, so I had to cancel to save time)
  6. Click Import
  7. Rebuild map
This took me about 3 to 4 tries before everything went as smoothly as I desired. I will be releasing the INCY Volume 2 Revision 1 and the macros I used in its making.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Whoa! Nice work! Does it take a long time to open the completed map in Eschy? The incy I have (v2.1) takes about 2 seconds longer than the normal BG ... will the new one take 10?

Also, does the new INCY have bipds? I still have the old 2-part bipd collab, and INCY doesn't seem to include bipds.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri May 07, 2010 7:32 pm

Alt, I have another suggestion:

Please convert the decimal radius numbers into angle degrees, for example under weap, the firing radius/angle. Currently, I have to convert these angles by calculator, using 3.14 (pi) as 360 degrees. It would be really helpful to incorporate the circular slider from here.
2310 wrote:Whoa! Nice work! Does it take a long time to open the completed map in Eschy? The incy I have (v2.1) takes about 2 seconds longer than the normal BG ... will the new one take 10?

Also, does the new INCY have bipds? I still have the old 2-part bipd collab, and INCY doesn't seem to include bipds.
It will have more: recursive actv tags.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat May 08, 2010 4:44 am

Sparky wrote:Alt, I have another suggestion:

Please convert the decimal radius numbers into angle degrees, for example under weap, the firing radius/angle. Currently, I have to convert these angles by calculator, using 3.14 (pi) as 360 degrees. It would be really helpful to incorporate the circular slider from here.
2310 wrote:Whoa! Nice work! Does it take a long time to open the completed map in Eschy? The incy I have (v2.1) takes about 2 seconds longer than the normal BG ... will the new one take 10?

It will have more: recursive actv tags.
I am happy about this

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Sun May 16, 2010 5:59 pm

Talk to bungie about the angle thing. It's their fault for keeping the data that way (although radians are better for most math work). It probably wouldn't be too hard to do an add-in. In a perfect world there would be a way to write fully scriptable application interfaces. But I'm old and lazy. Also update to the next official version: 0.8.2. For anyone saying otherwise there ain't ever been anything but 0.8 and 0.8.1 from me. But it's open sourced so people can do whatever they want.
Disclaimer: I am no longer active. Any posts, PMs or other communication I use has no guarantee of accuracy or follow up.
Download Eschaton: Mediafire

kiddten
Commando

Re: Eschaton 0.8.2 Release

Post by kiddten » Sun May 16, 2010 8:19 pm

so is the only update is the xbox reading? or is there other small updates to it?
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Mon May 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Just xbox reading. There was a small glitch and it wasn't too hard to fix and someone was able to provide me with useful files for debugging.
Disclaimer: I am no longer active. Any posts, PMs or other communication I use has no guarantee of accuracy or follow up.
Download Eschaton: Mediafire

That guy with really good ideas

Post by That guy with really good ideas » Fri May 28, 2010 12:28 pm

pure awesomness, but can you make the rebuilding maps for trial rebuild in the regular format, cuz i can "sparkify" it and use it in sparkedit after done rebuilding. just a suggestion :)

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Fri May 28, 2010 3:39 pm

instead of sparkify, use demo hack. you can find it for windows on modhalo i think. demo hack works with rebuilt maps, as sparkify does not.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:13 pm

I have a pickle with Esch, whenever i import 2 tags like marine ACTV, i end up with everything doubled and had 2 ARs and 2 BIPDs.
Is this fixed in the latest version? i'm not sure i'm using the right one.