Eschaton 0.8.2 Release

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
kiddten
Commando

Re: Eschaton 0.8.2 Release

Post by kiddten » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:24 pm

try recursively extracting the marine tag once, then regular extract the same tag.. import the first one with "do not import duplicates" then uncheck it for the second one.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Flaming Bunnies wrote:try recursively extracting the marine tag once, then regular extract the same tag.. import the first one with "do not import duplicates" then uncheck it for the second one.
I'll try this later, and i'll tell you if it works

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Alt, I have a question about plugin writing:

I've abandoned using .xml plugins, due to frustration with syntax.
When making structures (<struct> xml tags), how do you determine the size attribute? I can't get that right, and it doesn't display anything inside the Reflexive's subcategory then.

Nevermind, I figured it out. It's a chunk.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: Eschaton 0.8.1 Release

Post by Sparky » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Sparky wrote:ESCHATON STRESS TEST

Macro used to recursively extract and internalize untold thousands of tags from CE maps... over 5 gigs of memory used.

Everything was running great until I opened and expanded a map of 150MB with around 500MB of space left on my HD. I assumed that this was enough space, but Eschaton failed at the last second...NOOOOOO!!! 24 hours and 12 hours of running a macro straight, all wasted!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Alt, what went wrong? I still have the application open - is there any way to salvage my work by somehow overriding the error... ?? :(

I still have 569.7 MB on my HD of free space. At one point, I deleted 1.3 gigs of space, but this didn't cause any issues before...

This is what my Activity Monitor has to say:

HALP!

EDIT: Alt and I discussed this via PM.
This is because 32-bit computer systems can only handle up to 4 gigs of virtual memory and 4 gigs of real memory. My virtual memory was maxed-out, so it didn't matter that I had extra HD space. I'm assuming my real memory was consumed to the max, also. Eschaton simply ran out of memory, and I couldn't do anything about it.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

HandofGod
Peon

Post by HandofGod » Mon May 01, 2017 6:24 pm

Just know that OS Sierra is no bueno with Eschaton for some features...