Eschaton 0.8.2 Release

Halo modding and gaming related applications.
Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Re: Eschaton 0.8.1 Release

Post by Altimit01 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:42 am

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a rogue plugin involved in that issue. More than likely an incorrect setting for that falling flag. Try doing it again without setting the falling damage bit. Then if you want to try editing the falling damage try editing it with a different set of plugins (HMT .xml will probably work).

As for imports not showing up? This is after the popup saying it was done successfully right? Also make sure the tags you're importing are not duplicates of ones already in the map, or if they are uncheck the "do not import duplicates" check box.
Disclaimer: I am no longer active. Any posts, PMs or other communication I use has no guarantee of accuracy or follow up.
Download Eschaton: Mediafire

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:12 pm

Perhaps you can shed some light on a little tag loading problem I'm having.

I want to see if the tag loader works, so I open it up
I select the .mod2.meta file
For the top level folder, I select the folder containing the verteces and indeces
In extracted tags, it has no name (Well I didn't expect it to name it the right thing, but still)
I import it and it is put into a folder titled ": Unknown"
And then I have no idea what to do.

There haven't been any tutorials on how to use tag loading, so I don't really know If I did it right, or if it just extracts the meta to be injected somehow or something.

System Specs:
Processor: 2.1 GHz PowerPC G5
Memory: 1.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Startup Disc: Macintosh HD

Tell me if there's any other specs you might need.
Jesus, External tags still hate me

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Top level folder is the folder that all the tags are in. Not the folder containing the vert and ind data. For example say you saved to "My Tags". Then the folder to select is "My Tags".
Disclaimer: I am no longer active. Any posts, PMs or other communication I use has no guarantee of accuracy or follow up.

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Nope. Still not working.

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:13 pm

Here's a longer version.

Say you have a vehicle tag selected in the map editor.
Select recursively extract tag (external).
A choose folder dialog should open. Navigate to the desktop, create a new folder called "my tags" and select that folder.
To load those tags select load tags recursively.
Select the original tag that was extracted.
Then select the folder "my tags".
All the metas should be loaded properly into the extracted tags folder.

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:15 pm

It's pretty much like the HHK and HMT process.
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:21 pm

mk... I think I might stick with the old system.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:25 am

Okay so i figured out what a <protected> was but when i extracted it and went to the swapper to swap it with a weapon it wont read it. It just automatically goes to null.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:34 am

Maps that protect their tags break the file model. Also there's the fact that those tags were protected for a reason. Working with corrupted map files and ripping is not what Eschaton is designed to do.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:42 am

Sorry.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am

They are Imageed for a reason.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:25 pm

Can i take a protected bsp and replace it with bloodgulch>?
MGM Sig

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:17 pm

More than likely. Although that'd probably only work if nothing else was protected. I cannot guarantee that a protected map will rebuild correctly. In fact I'll bet it probably won't given that dependencies are stored internally using tagclass:tagname as the unique identifier.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:53 pm

Altimit01 wrote:More than likely. Although that'd probably only work if nothing else was protected. I cannot guarantee that a protected map will rebuild correctly. In fact I'll bet it probably won't given that dependencies are stored internally using tagclass:tagname as the unique identifier.
You silly! Use tagclass:tagname:tagID

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:08 pm

TagID is meaningless for a lot of uses. Especially when you use duplicated tags or import them from external sources. The basis of the map itself is compiling unique files that exist in a file system on the computer that created them. Hence the folders and all the rest. If anything it'd be better to just use some sort of hash value while also keeping track of all values so that identical tags produce new unique values. TagIDs are a crutch that only make sense within a compiled file.