Minecraft Spawners

Everything about Minecraft.
Sugarlumps
Ranger

Minecraft Spawners

Post by Sugarlumps » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:35 am

Hey guys. One day (okay, it was today, when i first started), i finished my sub-base. I added a mine with ladders going down. Suddenly, i came to some whats-it-called-rubbled-stone. Like those that you get when you mine stone. They were at a corner of my mine. I dug into them, curious. Suddenly, all I could see was pitch black beyond that, and a cage with fire inside. I saw some zombies and stuff, so quickly closed it up and ran up my ladder going to my sub base.

Thoughts?
Click!

Kayar
Delta Force

Re: Minecraft Spawners

Post by Kayar » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:34 am

Spawners are old news. They are also a bitch. I got killed like 20 times just trying to close off a single spider spawner. Here's what you need to do:

1. Completely avoid the area. Go mine somewhere else, maybe walk around on the surface, whatever, just avoid it like the plague. This includes standing above it, like maybe 2 blocks up. Enemies do not spawn if you are not in the area.

2. After a day or less, there should not be any enemies in the spawner chamber anymore. Now, run back there like hell as quickly as possible, bringing with you as many torches as you have. Doing this quickly means that there will not be enough time for anything to spawn in the spawner while you do what you need to do.

3. Once at the spawner, quickly throw up torches all around it. Surround it completely. Place your torches on each block adjacent to it, as quickly as you can. This prevents the mobs from spawning.

4. Once you are certain the mobs cannot spawn, dig at the spawner until you break it. You should be all set once it's gone.

Spawner rooms usually contain chests with uncommon to rare items inside. Reap your rewards and continue your mining work!
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:25 am

what??? fucking no, man!!! that thing you found is a dungeon! O_O there are chests inside, and goods in them!

like, you can just dig a little hole in the wall and... like, shoot arrows at the mob spawner until it dies! O_O also, on the floor you'll see mossy cobblestone blocks! they can be found in dungeons only! o:
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:27 pm

can you find dun-gens on peaceful?
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Divine wrote:can you find dun-gens on peaceful?
yes. the mobs don't spawn, but dungeons still exsist.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:01 am

The spawner was took down already. I just did what Kayar told me. Oh yar Taxi, it is a dungeon. I almost wanted to do it on peaceful, but there's no challenge to that :\ So I did it on normal. Also, I got 2 chests with a total of 3 gunpowders, 2 string and 2 buckets.

Why is it that I can never mine iron? I only got 9 bars total.
Click!