Mods and New World

Everything about Minecraft.
Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mods and New World

Post by Monoman » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:22 pm

WIth the week of testing over, I would like to know what everyone thought of the mods. What mods/features did you like and what did you not like? This topic is going to determine what is placed in the main server. Also, it was mentioned that maybe a new world should be used when the main comes back. Does everyone what that?
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

kiddten
Commando

Re: Mods and New World

Post by kiddten » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:25 pm

I don't think the mods really added anything to the server. Also, I am in preference in having the old map we had stay.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:32 pm

I would like our old map to stay too.

I dislike secret door and the boat/minecart mod. Monster tamer doesn't appeal to me either.
What i like is virtual chest AND LWC (for door locking too).

Feather mod is too glitchy, but i like it...

EDIT: Emphasis on what I REALLY like.
Last edited by Sugarlumps on Sun May 01, 2011 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click!

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Sun May 01, 2011 6:00 am

I like the feather mod and LWC. But can you enable flying in the server.txt so we don't have to 'Jump' with the feathers? Otherwise we end up getting kicked a lot. The boats are too glitchy to use.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun May 01, 2011 7:13 am

Well, I beleive we should add the new map to a part of the old map. also, if possible we should add a chunk of the nether. The locking and virtual chest was cool. flying boat i never tried but yeah, please enable flying so it works. I would have liked to have used the planes mod, as its the most non op mod of that magnitude I have seen.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Sun May 01, 2011 8:46 am

Human wrote: if possible we should add a chunk of the nether.
While I'm sure it's possible to add the blocks themselves from the nether, to make an area effectively "be" the nether, you would: A. be able to place water there (unlike in the nether) B. would have mobs from the normal world spawning all over it C. would not have any of the nether mobs spawning in it. I mean, on the other hand, do you want a Ghast (which can survive all light levels, btw) following you out of the nether area and all the way to your house and bombarding it to hell?

As for what to add, I agree with Lumps, but would also like to see War added as well. I don't think we gave it enough chance in our small testing of it.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun May 01, 2011 9:02 am

Are we going to generate a new world? What seed should we use?

I tried "Isle" and it doesn't seem bad.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun May 01, 2011 9:21 am

Kayar wrote:
Human wrote: if possible we should add a chunk of the nether.
While I'm sure it's possible to add the blocks themselves from the nether, to make an area effectively "be" the nether, you would: A. be able to place water there (unlike in the nether) B. would have mobs from the normal world spawning all over it C. would not have any of the nether mobs spawning in it. I mean, on the other hand, do you want a Ghast (which can survive all light levels, btw) following you out of the nether area and all the way to your house and bombarding it to hell?

As for what to add, I agree with Lumps, but would also like to see War added as well. I don't think we gave it enough chance in our small testing of it.
I just mean a chunk so we can mine the blocks.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Sun May 01, 2011 11:36 am

I dunno if you have the capacity for it monoman, but the war server would be awesome if it stayed up alongside our regular server.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Alfaz
Operative

Post by Alfaz » Sun May 01, 2011 12:01 pm

i think the feather flying mod may be fun and easy, but i feel that it would make things a little to easy. its like when you add cars and other transportaion, people stop walking. boats and minecrats are different, flying is too easy. u skip right over everything. i say that it should be used for the purpose of jumping over stuff. flying is bad, jumping is good. OR even better, none of that. in my opinion. the LWC is good, the vitual chest is nice, the monster was lame, and the doors was also lame. so I say

KEEPS:
LWC
VC
Original world+ isle world whatever we are currently running

NO NO's:
lockkette
feather/flying
minecarts/boat flying
monster taming

my opinion obviously
Kayar wrote:YOU'RE CRAZY YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BASIC MATH AND YOU WEAR PANTS ON YOUR HEAD
tokage wrote:Cthulu, shit-lookin birds, this raises more questions than answers... this must mean
Alfaz wrote:DICKS EVERYWHERE

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Sun May 01, 2011 2:29 pm

I like the feathers, they're a great way to get around but not an advantage over construction.

Btw, found a massive diamond sphere. I have 10 stacks and I'm not even halfway done yet. I have enough, so you guys can have it.

Coords: X:598 Z:218
Have fun.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Mon May 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Mono: The new flying thing is really, really bad. Hard to control, especially when you have tons of lag.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon May 02, 2011 2:24 pm

For the main server, I did not plan to add any of the fly mods. I think other means of travel should be used. I think Taxi and someone else were working on a minecart system for travel before the test server went up. I do like the teleporting setup currently on the test server. Although I probably will not add that to the main before testing some other options. I wouldn't want to see teleport areas everywhere when walking or minecarts could be used.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Mon May 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Monoman, I need 800 minecart tracks, 200 of which should be powered. I want to make a system from my house to my island fast please. I have the bridge.