I bet I can get in.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

draconic74
Green Beret

Re: Massive Project

Post by draconic74 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:58 pm

Amy wrote:Lag related glitches are proper griefing i would think... Then again having locked blocks is not proper anti-griefing.

Well... Assuming the server doesn't have bad lag (because that's what everyone strives for, right?), you wouldn't have lag-based glitches, and therefore no lag-based griefing. Although I suppose somehow overloading the server to the point where its lagtastically unplayable counts as griefing. But I digress.

Having locked blocks is currently the ONLY way in Minecraft to have anti-griefing. That and not allowing people to edit blocks. It's one or the other. Either you can't do anything or you cannot remove what I don't want you to. And the only way to prevent griefing Vanilla-style would be to lock the person in question in an adminium room. Kinda pointless... And not technically Vanilla either.

White Knightmare wrote:And if I glitch into your house, then put lava everywhere, it's still griefed.
Yes, you are right. It would be griefed. You have to get in first though. THAT is what I am attempting to prevent.

Nuthead_ wrote:u could put signs.
I reevaluated the design and yes, covering the outside in signs would be hundreds of times easier, seeing as I wouldn't have to build a frame to put the furnaces on, redstone-proofing the door would be easier, and you could easily put down torches inside. Also, signs are probably easier then furnaces to mass produce, resource-wise. But they don't stack >_<

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:25 pm

draconic74 wrote: Having locked blocks is currently the ONLY way in Minecraft to have anti-griefing.
Bullshit, you're just not very creative.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:51 am

tokage wrote:
draconic74 wrote: Having locked blocks is currently the ONLY way in Minecraft to have anti-griefing.
Bullshit, you're just not very creative.

Then you build your own anti-griefing structure without them and tell me where it is so I can disassemble it with punches. :roll:
If you cover it in lava I'm allowed to block the source.

Hmm... That's my challenge to you then. Build a non-griefable structure without using locked blocks. Anything else can be used, I guess. I'm allowed as much dirt and sand as I want, a single bucket and a diamond pick to destroy it (I would say punches but for the sake of time I get a pick). Maybe I'll make another thread specifically for it...

Go.

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:26 am

draconic74 wrote:Hmm... That's my challenge to you then. Build a non-griefable structure without using locked blocks. Anything else can be used, I guess. I'm allowed as much dirt and sand as I want, a single bucket and a diamond pick to destroy it (I would say punches but for the sake of time I get a pick). Maybe I'll make another thread specifically for it...
It is not possible.

Tokage: I would like to see how you can even build one structure like this. Anyone can break through your walls, tunnel from your ceiling, open your doors with levers and switches. Any redstone combination can be broken.
Click!

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:40 am

/cpublic (It's not locked and it's still registered) That doesn't count though.
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:21 am

I was planning on doing this. For that purpose I've made several stacks of furnaces. Haven't done it yet, though.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:58 pm

White Knightmare wrote:/cpublic (It's not locked and it's still registered) That doesn't count though.
Anyone can go in and grief then.

Right now either signs or furnaces seem to be the best option for anti-griefing.
Click!

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:10 pm

I meant using /cpublic for furnaces... It wouldn't be "locked" just protected.
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:21 pm

White Knightmare wrote:I meant using /cpublic for furnaces... It wouldn't be "locked" just protected.
The point is, only you or an admin can break it. Therefore, someone cannot use it to grief you.

Door are also a good way to lock thing, especially since you can open them yourself. But beware of redstone, for I think that it is possible to redstone-hack other peoples doors. Actually, I want to go try that right now... And something else too...

EDIT: Well that was an eventful play session. Some of you may find a strange contraption by spawn... And perhaps a stranger occupant.

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:11 am

Oh and I forgot to say that Bunneh is opening other people's doors with a lever.
Wait is that part of the texture pack ( i know painterly has creeper doors) or....
Click!

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:15 am

I can open them like that, I haven't been recently though.
And no, that's an actual creeper.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:01 am

Put levers all around and put signs behind them. that will lock the levers.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Sugarlumps wrote:Oh and I forgot to say that Bunneh is opening other people's doors with a lever.
Wait is that part of the texture pack ( i know painterly has creeper doors) or....
Stopped by to say been busy, no time to play Minecraft.

Yes, you can open locked doors with levers, torches, anything that powers redstone. A PLAYER is not changing the state of the block, so the server does not recognize that whatever was done should be undone. That's what I think anyway. Sounds reasonable. Why do you think the doorframe from the entryway I posted earlier is so bulky? It's so you can just power the blocks around, above, or below it

That is an actual creeper, and if you want to lead a new one into that be my guest, as I assume they despawn when we aren't logged in. If you want to walk in yourself, well... Go ahead for now. I haven't locked the doors and stuff yet.

Also, 1.8 part 1 is rumored to be coming out on the 8th. Yeah, THIS 8th.
Source: Too lazy to find, somewhere on PCGamer. The guy said his source was Jeb (maybe go check Twitter?)
So I will probably put the entire plan on hold (maybe tone it down a bit, I should really start with smaller projects) until we see what is going on. Do we even want to update to 1.8 on the server? All the mods will be broken and we need a new world for the good stuff, plus we have no idea what new bugs are in the code yet.