Playing help

Everything about Minecraft.
Vegerot
SEAL

Playing help

Post by Vegerot » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Hey guys, so I try to play the game, but then the game makes me accept a bunch of certificates and then nothing happens. Besides for some soft music in the background. The Youtube vid is currently uploading but I'll post a link when it finishes.

Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

draconic74
Green Beret

Re: Playing help

Post by draconic74 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:35 pm

You could start by downloading the client...

I remember Minecraft never worked properly on Mac until the client came out.
Just something to do with Java and Safari and web pages and how they interacted and whatnot. Point is, non-browser client works excellently.
Last edited by draconic74 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Client? You mean the downloadable version? Because for that you need to purchase it.
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:38 pm

Oh... For playing Classic?

I dunno, I got that to work once, then Minecraft updated and it broke completely until they released the client version.

1) See about updating Java, although I doubt that is the problem.
2) Try Firefox, although I have no idea what the results would be.
3) Go check the official forums, because chances are a hundred thousand other people had the same problem.

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:10 pm

TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Did you watch the vid?

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:41 pm

It was for draconic. More of a derp than anything else.
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Oh. Well do you have a solution, White?

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Clear cookies and cache and whatnot. Worked for me. Firefox works but its sketchy.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:13 pm

White Knightmare wrote:It was for draconic. More of a derp than anything else.
What sort of derp?

Because I clearly stated that Minecraft (all versions of it) was inoperable as a browser-based game on Mac. I had been using a friend's account to try it and only bought Minecraft when they released a client version and I realized that I could actually play the game as well as save it. That was another problem, btw. Maps never saved for me on Mac (before the entire thing stopped working at all, that is). Starting survival over every time gets pretty lame.

Also, I know Creative still exists. It's sort of a Minecraft Demo for now, until they make a real demo version. Creative isn't for me though, I am not nearly artistic enough. Give me infinite redstone though and I'll build whatever I possibly can. Hopefully the 1.8 Creative Mode isn't just placing blocks, but rather a sort of integrated version of the Too Many Items mod*

I realize I have not yet used an ellipses in my post. Perhaps I should do so now...

*Gives you a selection UI in the inventory screen so that you can add/remove items and blocks from your inventory. Basically an in-game inventory editor.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:01 am

Browser-based creative mode always worked for me on Mac, the only problems I ever had was when the game started but the keyboard convinced itself I was still in the browser, and the mouse was stuck centered in java, so I could only stand in one place and mine a hole around myself. Then I found I could swipe my trackpad with four fingers and cause it to switch to finder, then go from there back into the browser, which then fixed the keyboard. I also recall I had a special way of saving, involving doing exactly the same kind of thing.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:18 pm

So that doesn't help me at all... Someone PLEASE help!!

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:21 am

Well, we can't. I remember actually looking to solve this exact same problem. I looked on the official forums and plenty of other people had the same problem. And nobody knew how to fix it.