1.8 World Photos

Everything about Minecraft.
draconic74
Green Beret

1.8 World Photos

Post by draconic74 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:10 pm

So why don't we post them here. Ill start with these:

First time around I had seen this and thought it was a marker for the Ravine everyone was at. On approach, Monoman decided to completely restart the server and create a new map (same seed). I found this again after running ahead of everyone, and was confused. Cobble shouldn't form normally (any water-lava interaction during map creation yields obsidian) and its obviously not a dungeon. I should go and investigate again. Maybe its part of a ruin and only the top part generated? It's weird for sure.

Mgal, you said the lag was your fault during that time you were AFK? How the hell did you manage to lag my computer as well?

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
(Im not flying, and that ain't just the sky texture)

Excend
Commando

Re: 1.8 World Photos

Post by Excend » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:34 pm

draconic74 wrote: First time around I had seen this and thought it was a marker for the Ravine everyone was at. On approach, Monoman decided to completely restart the server and create a new map (same seed). I found this again after running ahead of everyone, and was confused. Cobble shouldn't form normally (any water-lava interaction during map creation yields obsidian) and its obviously not a dungeon. I should go and investigate again. Maybe its part of a ruin and only the top part generated? It's weird for sure.
I believe Taxi marked it.
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:05 pm

White Knightmare wrote:
draconic74 wrote: First time around I had seen this and thought it was a marker for the Ravine everyone was at. On approach, Monoman decided to completely restart the server and create a new map (same seed). I found this again after running ahead of everyone, and was confused. Cobble shouldn't form normally (any water-lava interaction during map creation yields obsidian) and its obviously not a dungeon. I should go and investigate again. Maybe its part of a ruin and only the top part generated? It's weird for sure.
I believe Taxi marked it.
Did he mark it the second time in the exact same place after I'm pretty sure I ran past him? If so, congrats Taxi. You had me stumped. Thought I managed to outrun all of you there...

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Singleplayer map with same seed doesn't have any cobble there. Seeing as the sugarcane nearby is also missing, I assume it was Taxi.
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:22 pm

Oh well. Regardless, I believe my Ravine Outpost is complete.

It contains:
-5 beds (soon to be 6)
-Furnaces, crafting table
-Safe access to Outpost #2
-Wheat farm (because of the ruins, passive mob spawn rate is terrible aboveground)
-Giant, ugly beacon tower that I would love to replace with glowstone

This I have dubbed Outpost #2. Don't know who made it but it's there, with some beds and stuff.

I will use it later as access to a deep-ravine base meant to replace Outpost #1 as a main base. You know, if we even keep this world, that is.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:08 am

Why is your POV so fucked?
Stupid tinypic removing my images

wildrn
Peon

Post by wildrn » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:14 am

Mota-Lev wrote:Why is your FOV so fucked?
Fix'd and you can change it in 1.8.
Sparky wrote:Click me repeatedly. Made ya look!
Sven wrote:I appreciate the help, Mgablergh.