Unreal Engine 4 - Visual Studio - XCode

Everything related to programming.
Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Unreal Engine 4 - Visual Studio - XCode

Post by Fonzeh » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:58 am

For those who do not know Unreal Engine 4 SDK is a free download and if you make a game they only want 2% if you turn a profit.

Now. Making a game is a pretty vast thing. Whats important I think anyway is that you keep it simple to begin with and go from there.

Also Maya the professional 3d modeling software also has student versions for free to make 3d models and or eventually characters with it.

Now to delve into this broadly would be rediculous. Just know that anything you want to do or make, you can. I figured I'd make a thread to let everyone know and so we could discuss things. Ill post later with some demos of me just getting used to the engine.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

zapconquest
Ranger

Re: Unreal Engine 4 - Visual Studio - XCode

Post by zapconquest » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Yeah! It's pretty cool that they released the engine for free. I've looked a little at Unreal 4 but haven't tried to make anything in it yet. I've also been playing around a little with Blender but I have a lot to learn about 3d modeling. I might have to check out the MAYA student version.

I'd definitely like to see whatever cool stuff you come up with in Unreal. Do you have a specific type of game you're thinking of making?

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Re: Unreal Engine 4 - Visual Studio - XCode

Post by Fonzeh » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Lol. Hell if I know. I'm getting the basics down myself. Luckily besides skeletal rigging it's pretty much close to home to halo modding once you get the feel of it. Adding functionality via c++ or blueprints is simple enough. I'm honestly so excited by where I'm overwhelmed by the limitless abilities I have in front of me.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm