BF2 comes and goes on PC - no new TFPS on the Mac :(

Everything about GhR and its mods.
[BIG] Ranger
Operative

BF2 comes and goes on PC - no new TFPS on the Mac :(

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:56 am

Well, BF2 is perhaps at it's zenith on the PC ~ but new games are on the (near) horizon which means that many players - including myself - will be moving on soon.

So what has this to do with Macs & GhR?

Well, it's just a passing acknowledgement that once again we - the Mac games community - are being passed over.

We are SO FAR behind now it's unreal...

I would have been happy if NOVALOGIC had brought out - as was rumoured for a time - 'Joint Operations' for the Mac (to give us GhR fans something to move up to)...Never mind BF2 which is a geration above JO!

But now the next generation of battlefield FPS games are coming out - with 'Armed Assault' and 'America's Army 3' on the horizon- and we are still no closer to getting a replacement TFPS game for Macintosh gamers.

The problem is that there isn't enough Mac only game developers to get a good turn-over of new games for the Mac - we have to wait...and wait...and wait, for some PC game developer to think that they might make enough money to make it worth porting a PC game to the Mac.

I know this is a VERY OLD moan from a Mac gamer ~ but it annoys me that things looked so promising when OS X was launched - with newer games being ported faster to teh Mac - but now we are back to the bad old days where we have to look with envy at what's available on the PC.

I took the drastic move a couple of years ago of buying a PC JUST for playing games (I use my Mac exclusively for my design work) ~ but not all Mac users can afford (or indeed want) to do this...

But, it does mean I am ready to play the latest Tactical FPS games coming out; like 'BF2142', 'Quake Wars' and 'Armed Assault'.

I really hope that Intel Macs will mean that teh time to Mac port will be quicker. I am just so sad that we Mac gamers have been left out in the cold STILL playing the original GhR!

We can only count ourselves lucky that the original Ghost Recon was SUCH A GOOD GAME that it is still (-- just --) worth playing.

--- rant ends --