Problems

Everything about GhR and its mods.
Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:18 pm

You may need to do port forwarding on your router to host but that shouldn't interfere with you joining games though.

You can check here for instructions on how to do port forwarding and this is a list of ports you may need to open.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:13 am

Ok Just when you thought it could'nr get worst, (these gameranger guys are beginning to piss me off) now I cant do anything with gameranger as I get this message"Non-standart modifications were detected in your install of Ghost Recon. Please re-install it..........WTF!!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:37 am

Ummmm..........
good chance it's just gameranger, non?

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:04 am

This problem would be fixed if gameranger provided some support!!!!

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:27 pm

The "Non-standard modifications" problem is an easy one to solve. This is part of the anti-cheat GameRanger has for Ghost Recon. You will receive that message if you have modified the original files of Ghost Recon. For example, if you try replacing the night vision texture with a modified one you would get that message.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:03 am

Monoman wrote:The "Non-standard modifications" problem is an easy one to solve. This is part of the anti-cheat GameRanger has for Ghost Recon. You will receive that message if you have modified the original files of Ghost Recon. For example, if you try replacing the night vision texture with a modified one you would get that message.
I have looked at what you said and the only small thing I can see from
re-installing GR is the mp1 file, my mods have it as mp 1with a space. Something that small can stop me from joining? However I can now join Gameranger but I still keep crashing. Ports? Mods? It's not as smooth as it
was before the update

Mad Max
Operative

Post by Mad Max » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:03 pm

i have just managed to fix the same problem that you were having i have deduced that the problem you were having had something to do with the updates you downloaded i downloaded my Ghr updates from a site i forgot now but the updates were corrupted, i then re-downloaded the updates from www.macgamingmods.com in the GhR section and GhR works on GR now 100%

PS: the port for GhR on TCP is 2346

hope i help with your prob l8r's