Ghr smoke nade

Everything about GhR and its mods.
Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:09 pm

Monoman wrote:That is the reason everyone likes the mod. The noobs probably think they are the best players now.
Theres a few weapons mods out there that are way to good. The SPV series of mods (SPV4 & SotoPlaster4.3) is another example of arcadish style guns. WAY TO ACURATE. IMHO its like cheating.

I'm more for the realism factor of the game and don't get much kicks off of arcadish/cheap weapons that some of the mods are using. They are way to powerful and accurate.

Alpha Squads Mod will be released in a few weeks, and that'll probably be the most realistic submersive mod out there as far balanced weapons (not to mention some of the best missions ever scripted for GhR). I cant wait for that one to be released!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

Dark uk
Operative

Post by Dark uk » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:48 pm

-MºViN> wrote:Alpha Squads Mod will be released in a few weeks, and that'll probably be the most realistic submersive mod out there as far balanced weapons (not to mention some of the best missions ever scripted for GhR). I cant wait for that one to be released!
Thats what I've been waiting to hear! I cant wait either. No doubt you SOGs will be the only server on GR hosting it, but thats not a bad thing :).

sw3D
Operative

Post by sw3D » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:59 pm

heh.. u'll see when i host 36 player on that mod :P

mwhahahhahah!
zomg?! wtf?! lag?! rematch?!

Vir2L™
Ranger

ALPHA SQUAD MOD

Post by Vir2L™ » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:06 pm

I hope people like it........

The mod takes out all the bulk in GhR like the Threat Indicator, fire detection indicator and other stuff that kills the realism. Some arcade, run and gun people might not like it. It is gonna make you use teamwork, which isnt to popular with most people these days. =P

I wish it would have been released a lot earlier because the GhR audience sure aint growing..........

sw3D
Operative

Post by sw3D » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:27 pm

well i wouldn't consider the fire indicator an 'unreal' thing in the more urban maps.. but i guess it's true there's a lot of echo sometimes that u can't really truely hear where the direction of sound is coming from when ur in bigger maps :P

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:24 pm

by fire detection indicator i mean the RED alert thingys that appear when opposing forces are firing their weapons.

There is a bunch of other stuff, i just cant think of it off the top of my head.

sw3D
Operative

Post by sw3D » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:36 pm

yeah i know... but that is like the 'sound' that ur ghost hears i say this because when opponents used silenced weapons that thing doesn't flash, that's what i meant when i said no one can really determine where fire shots come from in a really big map

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:42 pm

I would hope you wouldnt be able to hear a SD weapon (at a certain distance) or wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

and what are you actually talking about here?
sTryker wrote:well i wouldn't consider the fire indicator an 'unreal' thing in the more urban maps..

Last time i checked we didnt have Fire Indicators in the "Real World".
sTryker wrote:but i guess it's true there's a lot of echo sometimes that u can't really truely hear where the direction of sound is coming from when ur in bigger maps :P
The stereo dispersion in GhR is pretty accurate. I have found that using "SONAR" techniques works alot better than the fire direction indicator. I don't use the red alerts to determine the direction because it tends to be inaccurate when trying to determine a flank and really pinpoint your target.

I had a nice SONAR technique article, i'll have to do some digging to find it.