Wow! GRAW isn't that bad after all!

Everything about GhR and its mods.
[BIG] Ranger
Operative

Wow! GRAW isn't that bad after all!

Post by [BIG] Ranger » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:11 am

Bit of feedback about a post I did ages ago when I first tried the GRAW demo...

My set-up then was a PC with a Nvidia 6800 - and the torrent of abuse I gave the demo at teh time was based on teh performance (or lack thereof) under that graphics card.

Well - I can now report a completely different result!

I received yesterday my new graphics card - a ASUS GS 8800 GTS (640mb) card - which actually came with a full copy of GRAW wth it!

So despite my previous bitter experience with the game, I loaded it upa and had a go........

IT WAS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

I would guess that - despite the min. rec. spec. - GRAW is really made for a Nvidia card of around the 7600 mark with preferably 512mb of memory.

With my 8800 it feels really smooth, even with the quality cranked up.

I don't know what the current state is about whether Ubisoft is or isn't bringing this game out for the Mac, but I think that you would need teh current top of the range Mac Pro with the NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 (512MB) to get any sort of acceptable performance.

Which - if the Apple store is correct - would be $4,447!!!

(I did notice they do 2 x NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB at £1.500 less - that might spring it!)

And who has that sort of cash?

So really this post is for those Mac users out there - like myself - who use a PC for what it really is, a word processor and games machine.

Now that GRAW2 is coming out for the PC - I wonder if Unisoft will take pity on us Mac guys and release GRAW for the Mac?