Cannon fodder

Everything about GhR and its mods.
Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:44 am

Well, I guess we can wait for the Alpha Squad mod. The prerelease version is running on their server so it must be close to being done. Also, I was reading about one of the gametypes which will feature Death Penalty which automatically kills you if you TK. I can't wait to see how they scripted that. Imagine having that on siege. 8)
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

theBlack
Peon

Comms

Post by theBlack » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:57 am

I found having comms the best thing since Doughnuts, I just cant understand how people play co-op or just in a team without it.
theBlack [aka BlackHawk]
"will everyone stop getting shot!!"

Visit me @
http://www.theBlackness.co.uk

tim_leary
Veteran

Post by tim_leary » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:46 am

Monoman wrote:Well, I guess we can wait for the Alpha Squad mod. The prerelease version is running on their server so it must be close to being done. Also, I was reading about one of the gametypes which will feature Death Penalty which automatically kills you if you TK. I can't wait to see how they scripted that. Imagine having that on siege. 8)
Heh the Death Penalty is not hard to program at all in coop. I instituted it on a lot of the missions in my mods, and in my serversides. The offending TK'er burns up in cloud of fire with associated sound effects. Pres and Unit would probably concur, it's hilarious.

I've never programmed siege though.
Tim's ICQ# 256508104

Dark uk
Operative

Post by Dark uk » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:46 am

tim_leary wrote: The offending TK'er burns up in cloud of fire with associated sound effects. Pres and Unit would probably concur, it's hilarious.
lol that sounds good. BTW I've always wondered, is there a stoy behind that face you have on your avatar?

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:16 am

tim_leary wrote:
Monoman wrote:Well, I guess we can wait for the Alpha Squad mod. The prerelease version is running on their server so it must be close to being done. Also, I was reading about one of the gametypes which will feature Death Penalty which automatically kills you if you TK. I can't wait to see how they scripted that. Imagine having that on siege. 8)
Heh the Death Penalty is not hard to program at all in coop. I instituted it on a lot of the missions in my mods, and in my serversides. The offending TK'er burns up in cloud of fire with associated sound effects. Pres and Unit would probably concur, it's hilarious.

I've never programmed siege though.
Its hilarious........ and it makes the TK'r feel pretty dumb, cause everyone knows who did it. "Look at the flaming TK'r!! Shoot him!" hahaha

"What, me worry?"
Alfred E. Neuman - Famous from Mad Comics and Mad TV.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

tim_leary
Veteran

Post by tim_leary » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:50 am

Zippo:SOG gave my avatar (alfred) a nice camoflauge uniform. Sweet.

What, me worry? The story of my adult life. Hahahahahahahaha.

Yeah, Look at the Flamer!!! You flame ON for a few seconds before you die if you tk someone, all the while you sound like you are seriously roasting (which you ARE), then POOF!. Snicker. GR programming is/was so fun.
Tim's ICQ# 256508104

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:33 pm

Yea, I started thinking about how to do it and I think I know how add it. Been along time since I did some GhR scripting. I'll have to make a test gametype.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig