New Map - The Prison

Everything about GhR and its mods.
Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:47 pm

Everything has been answered. I'll have the map posted tonight.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:04 pm

Im gonna work on a mission idea for this map and send the blueprint to Leary to script the mission.

I'll try and get it all figured out in a weeks time.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:26 pm

The map has been posted.
Last edited by Monoman on Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

tim_leary
Veteran

Post by tim_leary » Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:46 pm

Mission ideas are always welcome. I get kind of bored with my own ideas, it's not very multidimensional to have one source of input.

It's also helpful when everyone else tests these missions. It's dangerous, in a funny way, to script something and then assume it works for everyone else - so many different maching configs. FPS is a prime consideration... and what works in coop MP offline is not the same when you have 8 clients from all over the world connecting to a mission.

What with all the post 1 ghz processors this box here feels unworthy. Which makes me pine for games that are multiprocessor savy on the mac side...

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:08 pm

It will be interesting how you interpret my idea into an actual mission, cant wait for the final product.

Its funny how GhR has taken my interest again, the lack of the SDK for RvS is the culprit.

tim_leary
Veteran

Post by tim_leary » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:27 am

BINGO !

Damn RvS for no sdk....

We need an extra category for the homepage/news page that says "map trolling recon by ____ Unit/vir2l_____".

The more i program for GhR the more I let the A.I. take over. It's too easy to script their behaviors, which gets too repetitive in the end. I guess I'm influened by the Alpha squad gametype(s).

What ever way I interpret your or anyone's idea, it's very easy to change. A good mission can be done in half a day. Scripting for GhR is really fun... The logic seems to be structured like that of BASIC which I learned back in 197nevermind.....

tim_leary
Veteran

Post by tim_leary » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:07 pm

Having a grrrrrrrr of a time trying to get any mission to work for this and I don't know why.

I compared it to other normal working missions the map creator did some weird stuff with all the zones (incomplete or differently named things).

Usually the blank missions or templates that a map maker provides you can just suck right into IGOR and make a working mission.

<scratch head, must be the sun>

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:37 pm

Allright, well....... I'll postpone my progress on the idea until things are in order.

I'll try and come up with something for the Cartel map in DBL 3.

tim_leary
Veteran

Post by tim_leary » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:54 am

Vir2L wrote:Allright, well....... I'll postpone my progress on the idea until things are in order.

I'll try and come up with something for the Cartel map in DBL 3.
Cool. Nice map, Cartel.

Things very unpromising on the Prison map for a true mission. It'll collect dust for a while I'm afraid.