Vir2L™
Ranger

NEW! GR2 Interview

Post by Vir2L™ » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:18 pm

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:06 pm

I like the idea of picking up weapons. Hopefully that will be added to the PC version.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Vir2L™
Ranger

Post by Vir2L™ » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:10 pm

i like the part about the vehicles and helicopters being able to chase/hunt you down.

taken from GR2 interview with Christian Allen:
"Q: With the introduction of helicopters and cinematics in Island Thunder it was discovered that helicopters would not work online and cinematics would crash a dedicated server. Have these issues been fixed, and will we see helicopters in online games?

A: That and more! Helicopters have been totally revamped, and the new AI system our engineers developed is awesome. Instead of vehicles (including helicopters) always having to follow a set path, there is an engagement AI that is simply turned on by the scripters. The vehicles can then hunt you through the level, moving around objects and engaging you. Helos will make strafing runs, and they pitch and yaw realistically as they move through the space. Vehicle implementation has come a long way, even since E3!"

Thats awesome.

I also like how they based the game around us. =P

Christian Allen writes:
"...they are portrayed as an element of the 5th SOG......."
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."