What spec is your Mac running Ghost Recon???

Everything about GhR and its mods.
SiP
Peon

Post by SiP » Tue May 31, 2005 9:02 pm

It sure is depressingly amazing how quick computers get outdated. I was looking through some old junk recently and I found an old "The Mac Zone" catalog. I just had to laugh as I paged through it. But then I came across a page displaying a PowerBook that offered a 200 MHz processor and a "Massive 6 GB Harddrive." With a number of other sad offerings in this package (though, surely an excellent unit at the time), it was sporting a hefty price tag of $4,799.00. It really makes you open your eyes to how truly incredible the rate of technological change is in the realm of computer ingenuity.
Yah sure ya betcha!!
ImageImage

CyberPsycho

Hmmmmm

Post by CyberPsycho » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:01 pm

:evil: it is slow as hell, everytime i play i pass at one hair at throwing the damn ibook through the pation door window,
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

AngryCYBER :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

[MA]NC37

Post by [MA]NC37 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:33 pm

Ouch 8MB is real bad. I remember what it was like on a 16MB Rage chip. Even tho Recon is not bad on slower systems, it still has its rough moments.

My slowest right now is my iBook also. Course its a 1.2Ghz model. Lousy poc R9200M chipset. I perfer to use my other units anytime over that junk:

G4 Cube 600Mhz/R9000 64MB/1GB RAM
Beige G3 917Mhz/R9200 128MB/768MB RAM
PC 1.64Ghz Sempron/R9700 Pro 128MB/512MB RAM

Post by Guest » Wed May 10, 2006 6:12 am

Just read over this topic which I posted in DEC 2003!

Yikes! WHere does teh time go!

Anyway, whats funny is that I have ONLY JUST got a machine powerful enough to run GR1 with ALL the settings at HIGH!

LOL

Down side is that's it a PC!

:(

I moved over to a PC a while ago (and gave up playing GR1 in favour of 'Joint Operations' and then 'Battlefied 2') but I recently saw a Gold Collection of all the Ghost Recon bits and pieces in the bargain bin of my local game store - so bought it for old time sake...

It's funny seeing the game as I never saw it on my old G3.

No struggle with Island Thunder now or the big total conversions!

Had a dabble with 'Year of the Monkey' and was impressed.

Would have loved to have been able to get on GameRanger to see if any of the old gang - like 'Harry Tuttle' - were still playing, but sadly there's no access to GameRanger via my PC.

:(

I may have to borrow the office PowerBook and have a go!

...Still can't believe it - Dec 2003 - Geeze! LOL